Last Day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Day
Re: Last Day
Originally posted on MSPA by Mibbs.

put up a sticky note outside the marketing department saying "never go in here ever"
Originally posted on MSPA by distainfulCatalyst.

>Weirdness Singularity: Form.
>Jennifer: Flee before it engulfs you completely.
Originally posted on MSPA by SNeakyRobot.

> Run away!
Originally posted on MSPA by Bat in a Suit.

distainfulCatalyst Wrote:>Weirdness Singularity: Form.
This adventure. This adventure.

Also, this.
Originally posted on MSPA by TheGuySip.

> Comfort MANFREDDIE about his condition, explaining that your father suffered from the same illness before that tragic shearing accident.
Originally posted on MSPA by Stickmeister.

<font size="50">>David: Suddenly go on an unannounced hiatus for a few weeks, leaving your fans hanging.</font>

[Image: 229.png]

[Image: 230.png]

<font size="50">AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA</font>

[Image: 231.png]

<font size="50">AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA</font>

[Image: 232.png]

<font size="50">WHAT THE FUUUUUUU--</font>

[Image: 233.png]

The real reasons:

1.) I have been working on THIS.
2.) I am drawing a short comic EVERY DAY at my Tumblr. Speaking of Tumblr, would you folks be interested in asking me some questions about Last Day, or anything else? (You do not need a Tumblr account to ask questions.)
3.) I've been playing LittleBigPlanet 2 and Morrowind.

So! Updates have resumed. Only suggestions for Jennifer for now.

Ouroboros Wrote:> Go permanantly crosseyed, retrieve sunglasses from purse.
[Image: 234.png]

You do not have a purse! Nobody does. Everyone has an inventory system. You do not have pockets, but you still have an inventory system for larger things than the photograph.

You're too busy being permanently cross-eyed forever that you don't hear the footsteps trodding towards you at a high speed. You also don't notice you because you're too busy pondering the redundancy within "permanently cross-eyed forever".

[Image: 235.png]

Aaaand for the second time today you are bumped into and fall on your ass. (You bumped into the BOSS earlier, but same thing.)

[Image: 236.png]

Seriously people including you need to watch where the fuck they are and you are going they and you swear GOD

[Image: 237.png]

The young lady who bumped into you suddenly starts apologizing just as fast as she can talk. It seems she heard you when you started complaining about bumping into people and you bumping into them. You can't really understand her, she's going too fast. Something along the lines of "oh my god i'm so sorry oh my god did i hurt you oh god i'm so sorry i usually wear glasses but forgot them because i was running late oh my god i think you have a whiplash or something oh my god im not a doctor i can't know this oh god i'm impersonating a doctor that's illegal oh god

[Image: 238.png]

She stops suddenly and quietly says "Are...Are you the new secretary...?"

You say yes.

[Image: 239.png]

She's silent.

You say that she doesn't need to apologize and that you're actually glad to find another girl in the office, considering the weirdos you've met so far. You ask her for her name.

[Image: 241a.png]

"...La-La."
[Image: tumblr.png] [Image: signature.gif] [Image: sig.gif]
Re: Last Day (UPDATED! BACK FROM HIATUS: 1/11/12)
Originally posted on MSPA by KilroyWasHere.

>Jennifer: Ask for Po and Dipsy.

> La-la: Be extremely intelligent and well-adjusted in stark contrast to the vapid image your name gives you.

SNeakyRobot Wrote:> La-la: Be extremely intelligent and well-adjusted in stark contrast to the vapid image your name gives you.
[Image: 240.png]

"My full name is Lahja Laakkonen." She spelled it while making small, imaginary points in the air and pronounced it "lah-ya".

You tell her you're going back to your desk, but she can walk with you if she wants.

[Image: 241.png]

"It's Finnish, as my parents were from Finland. I was born here in the United States, right here in Cleveland, but my parents came right from Finland." She doesn't have an accent.

"My name is both hard to spell and say when reading on paper, so everyone just calls me La-La."

You tell her it's actually a cute nickname and you would have loved to have a nickname.

[Image: 242.png]

You tell her that you share the same likeness; your mother came from China, but your (late) father is from the United States. Your father had named you. And, of course, you don't have an accent either. "Jennifer is a nice name, though. Nobody calls you Jenny?"

"They did in grade school, but I try to have everyone call me by my full first name." You tell her it's fine if she calls you that though, lying that your close friends called you that. (You don't have any close friends. Friends, yes, but nobody you are close with.)

You continue to talk to La-La on and on about all sorts of things while walking down the hall. "Also, I--"

[Image: 243.png]

[Image: 244.gif]

SpoilerShow

> Commune with the beast in its native tongue.
Originally posted on MSPA by Cauchemar.

> Emprison the duck in a drawer with some biscuits to keep it busy, then go take a coffee with La-La. It will always be time to take care of the bird later.

Alternatively,

> Ask La-La if the duck is hers or if she knows who owns the duck.

> Boss: Think about a guy you need to fire. Be extremely sad about it.

>Notice a guy in a duck hide made out of office supplies. Question again what sort of madhouse you work in.
Originally posted on MSPA by Not The Author.

Ah, just what you needed to carry on this conversation!

I am of course talking about the water cooler.
Originally posted on MSPA by Solaris.

Wow duck, Rude.
Scold the duck for his rude interruption.
Originally posted on MSPA by Pick Yer Poison.

> Jennifer: "Oh man, I didn't know you were allowed to keep pets here!"
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
Originally posted on MSPA by Saint Game.

>Jennifer and La-la: Crouch down to examine the duck.
>Pogo stick: sail right over their heads
Originally posted on MSPA by Redux.

>Jennifer: "Why is there a duck in the building?'
Originally posted on MSPA by Mibbs.

obviously the duck is just an employee hanging around the water cooler
>have a friendly chat with duck
SpoilerShow
Originally posted on MSPA by KilroyWasHere.

>Boss: Promote duck.

Solaris Wrote:Wow duck, Rude.
Scold the duck for his rude interruption.
[Image: 245.png]

Yeah, duck! So rude. We were having such a nice conversation and then you had to interrupt us. What do you have to say for yourself?

[Image: 246.png]

Saint Game Wrote:>Jennifer and La-la: Crouch down to examine the duck.
Redux Wrote:>Jennifer: "Why is there a duck in the building?'
[Image: 247.gif]

If there was a more obvious question one could ask in this situation, it would be "Is that a duck?"

You pick up the duck and it starts flipping the fuck out.

[Image: 248.png]

[Image: 249.gif]

[Image: 250.gif]

[Image: 250.png]

"It's not every day you see a duck in the middle of the office." asking another question in your quest to ask the most obvious questions in the world.

"Actually," La-La says "it does happen every day."

[Image: 252.png]

[Image: 253.gif]

[Image: 254.gif]

[Image: 255.gif]

[Image: 256.png]

"Oh." Manfreddie says. "Hello again. I see you've met La-La."

[Image: 257.png]

"Hello, La-La. How are you today?"

"I'm good! I forgot my glasses, but I can do fine without them if I squint hard enough."

"Good, good. And how is Lu-Lu?"

"A-Ah..." La-La hesitates and looks at you. "...She's fine, I talked to her earlier this morning. I'm almost there, Manfreddie, it's not much longer until I can see her."

"Very good, I'm glad to hear that. I know how you feel, La-La, I truly do. Tell her hello for me."

[Image: 258.png]

"Listen," he continues, "as you can see, I'm looking for a duck. Buttercup, to be specific. She's missing. This hinders the ability for my pet ducks to run as fast as they can in order to have my glorious cape majestically waving in the wind. I cannot keep up appearances every day like this if I don't have all three of my ducks. I worry about my ducks. If I cannot find her, she may get hurt. Have you seen a duck around here?"

It occurs to you that the duck you recently found had trotted off. La-La notices this, too.

"We saw Buttercup," La-La replies, "but it seems she got away. I think she may have went that way."

"Ah, good! I'm off then."

[Image: 260.gif]

"Farewell, my fair maidens."

[Image: 261.png]

[Image: 261.png]

"Coffee?"

"Sure."

[Image: 262.gif]

You are now Buttercup The Duck.

You're lost and looking for your sisters, Blossom and Bubbles, and for your best friend Manfreddie, whom feeds you and loves you and hugs you and you don't know where you would be without him. You're not sure where they went and now you're getting nervous.

You are also a duck.

What do you do?
Originally posted on MSPA by Redux.

Manfreddie just got 30% cooler. And I totally saw that Powerpuff Girls reference!

>Buttercup: Honk as loud as you can to attract attention.

>Stop being a duck. Ducks don't get to be heroes! Be someone who is actually a hero!
Originally posted on MSPA by Solaris.

>PANIC

>RUN

>KILL AND MURDER

> Fly south. They're probably south.
Originally posted on MSPA by TheGuySip.

>Lay a golden egg