Let's Play Dominion: An Experiment in Deckbuilding???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please forgive me for this i have no reason to do this other than giggling to myself about making a thread with a similar title to another

[Image: 79b06c10ebaa3b6f80f6bed9ead2c010.jpg]

Dominion, the Deckbuilding Game!

Dominion is sort of the granddaddy of deckbuilding games. While, personally, I've played deckbuilders that I think are a bit more interesting with what they've added to the formula, you can't deny the roots. From 2008. Deckbuilding is a kinda new genre apparently.

If you're unfamiliar and thinking that building a deck is much older than 8 years, here's the basic idea. Each player starts with an identical deck of a few cards, and over the course of the game will be buying new cards to add to their own and build it up as the game goes on. When you reach the bottom of your deck, it's time to shuffle and now you've got all those new cards you bought to play with as well.

In Dominion, you're trying to have the most victory points at the end of the game, by having a decent amount of Victory cards. But not too many during the course of the game. Point cards are useless in your hand most of the time, and tend to clog up your deck.

For the full list of rules, click here.

Basic idea is that on your turn you, in this order
1) Can play a single Action card (Unless something says you can play more)
2) Can buy a single card using your money (Unless something says you can play more)
3) Discard all of your hand and draw five new cards.

Now the important bit.
I CHALLENGE YOU, FORUM, TO A GAME OF DOMINON.

We'll be playing using the Intrigue expansion, because why not.

Here are the cards available for purchase in this game.
Show Content

Let's flip a coin to see who goes first. Heads for me, Tails for you.

[Image: reverse.jpg]

Tails it is! Here's your hand!

[Image: e9C5eVi.png][Image: e9C5eVi.png][Image: e9C5eVi.png][Image: Pg2Wwqw.png][Image: e9C5eVi.png]

Your deck currently contains 7 Coppers and 3 Estates

Messages In This Thread
Let's Play Dominion: An Experiment in Deckbuilding??? - by Robust Laser - 11-22-2014, 10:43 PM