A LANDFILL

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
A LANDFILL
RE: SUBFORUM IDEAS TOPIC
Sorry if the following post doesn't make sense since i'm really sleepy at the moment, but i would like to state some things before going to bed.

I think we have a lot of talking to do and see if we really can stay as a community, or rather, if i can be part of it; otherwise i am willing to leave if it means everyone will be more comfortable/safer. This isn't a place for me if i'm not allowed to make unintentional mistakes, and by which i mean something like "shit, sorry, i didn't know what i just said is considered transphobic" or "fucking hell i'm sorry i didn't know you didn't identify as ___" or "english is my second language, sorry if that came off as rude" as opposed to "IT IS MY RIGHT TO DISCUSS WHETHER OR NOT SOMEONE CLASSIFIES AS TRANSEXUAL".

Oddly enough, i agree with what you guys had to say about people not always being able to talk things out; i feel like you had the impression i wanted anarchy, but i was just overly optimistic about our collective ability to be self-moderated. I think the creation of this sub-forum was unnecessary, we coulda just loosened up on the regular one.

Personally, i'll wait and see what Schaz collects from talking to everyone (she's really great for doing this, she's almost unhealthily willing to keep this place nice for everyone) and see what happens, i'll try to stay optimistic again. I'll also talk to Wheat when i get time because i think he needs to tone down his confrontational nature for the greater good.

As for what i'd like this place to be, i'd like it to be a community where we can politely correct each others mistakes when they happen - have rules and penalties if it makes people feel safer. But don't wait for moderation approval before having a conversation, let them happen naturally and trust the user base is well mannered enough to not let things get out of hand.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]

Messages In This Thread
A LANDFILL - by ☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ - 10-09-2014, 07:12 AM