TehPilot's Creative Endeavors Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey guys, Pilot here!

I'm a newly matriculated college student (Computer Science) who has a relatively easy first semester and lots of spare time. Without any way to constructively waste time and not being allowed to have friends visit for the first few weeks of classes, I decided to really pick up creative writing and programming again as a way to strip hours off the clock while keeping my mind focused. So far, it's worked out pretty well and I'm back to my usual creative zeal I missed for some time.

At this current moment in time, I don't have too much to showcase. What I am doing here, however, is showing two accomplished projects of mine and putting a long-term work in progress writing piece up for you all to view. The games I made should give you guys a good glimpse into what I'll be posting here soon, and I hope you folk have some good comments and suggestions for my writing. I'm here to improve and give something. Those of you who really like my mafia game writing (esp. Radiotower and Frozen Hearts) should enjoy what I have here.

I'll start by sharing my GMC Jam entries - both Trials of Hell and A Crafty Escape.

Trials of Hell is a puzzle-platformer game in the same vein as Lemmings and Lost Vikings. Having received a restriction from network executives to remove all instances of death in your show, you take on the role of a disgruntled TV producer as you instruct your actors in real time to prevent them from landing on traps.

A Crafty Escape is a top-down puzzle shooter that stars you as a death row prisoner escaping his ultimate fate. Testing the electric chair caused the power to go out, giving you a chance to slip away. Stealthily sneak through levels, and if you're lucky, you might find enough spare parts lying around to fashion a useful tool or weapon.

These entrants to the summer GMC Jam (#11 and #15 respectively) were made in under 72 hour timeframes, featuring music from my man Kai "Solitary Signal" Theobold-Coates. Trials of Hell tied for second place out of 81 entrants, and A Crafty Escape came in nineteenth out of 57 entrants, winning a Best Presentation award as well. They're technically award winning games, and they represent the sort of style and story you'll find in other upcoming projects.

I would also like to introduce you all to Redwatch, my pet writing project.

Set to be a long military-scifi tale, the story mostly follows the Redwatch Initiative's best soldiers as they tackle a magical terrorist organization, fighting to destroy the massive network that always seems to be one step ahead of them while trying to decipher the motives of benevolent and malicious third parties they encounter. Some of you may recognize characters and plotlines.

I'm currently mostly interested in feedback on Redwatch so far. It's just a first draft of the introductory chapter, and I'm looking to make sure it's not too vague or confusing in terms of plot and writing. I'll be keeping the thread updated constantly as I develop it further.

I look forward to hearing from you all on Redwatch, and I hope you come back for more updates and soon-to-be-released previews and demos of my other projects.
[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch

Messages In This Thread
TehPilot's Creative Endeavors Thread - by TehPilot - 09-01-2014, 12:25 AM