Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]
RE: [9/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia [DAY SIX: Cloak and Dagger]
Mod Notes

What a game this was. It's undergone a lot of revision since I first drafted the concept back in December (refined by the record-breaking winter in the States this year) and now it's done well into the summer.

I decided to take a different approach with the flavor, writing in first person instead of the usual third-person omniscient that's been seen in just about every other Mafia game I run. I liked the journal as a framing device, and it seems everyone else immensely enjoyed reading it.

Setup-wise, there was a lot of risk for certain roles to spiral out of control in power - yet few roles got there. The setup was designed to have a lot of odd pseudo-information roles and voyeuristic roles meant to generate confusion, and the game succeeded in that regard. There was less discussion about camera flashes and banana peels than I anticipated, but it worked out in the end.

As for performance; not much to say that hasn't been said. Town did how they did, I applaud the mafia for keeping their morale and resolve in the face of daykills and watchers, and I want to give special acknowledgement to Mister Visceral, who did a good job surviving to the end (and got full use out of his role!).

Thanks for joining me in yet another tale filled with deceit and death. If you're looking for a more lighthearted experience, I'll be running a for-laughs game off site with time travel antics and all. Interested parties should let me know.

Perhaps I'll have another flavorful closed setup awaiting you folks again next June. Until then, good luck in your scumhunting endeavors!
[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SIGNUPS ~7/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia - by Gatr - 06-02-2014, 10:37 PM
RE: [SIGNUPS 17/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia - by Cat - 06-05-2014, 04:57 AM
RE: [SIGNUPS 17/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia - by Cat - 06-05-2014, 04:58 AM
RE: [9/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia [DAY SIX: Cloak and Dagger] - by TehPilot - 07-15-2014, 03:51 PM