Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]
RE: [9/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia [DAY SIX: Cloak and Dagger]
End of Day Six Votals

Garuru (5) (Mister Visceral, Acionyx, SupahKiven, Affle, Cat)
Acionyx (1) (Eidolonic)

Abstaining (3) (Druplesnubb, Garuru, OzTheWizard)

JANUARY 23

I knew the end would come. I didn't know it would've come as alarmingly fast and as spectacularly as it did. I should've known it was all over once Lyncroft saw it was bad enough to directly interfere. His presence had to have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

The discussion started with near dead silence. The threat of imminent death had choked out all discussion. Garuru stood in the center of the room, the shining example of vigilante justice from before, sweating profusely. Even though he was old, I could still see his moments of weakness. The man was afraid for his life.

And rightfully so, as the entire criminal squadron revealed themselves in one go and piled on the old man. The last thing he did was take out the pump-action shotgun from beneath his trenchcoat and flung the mighty weapon at me before the criminals threw him to the floor, shooting and stabbing him to death.

In the following chaos, I managed to survive. I write this two days after the fact from a hotel in Whitewash City, trying to stay low with a contact of Lyncroft's while he devises a way to get me home. I absolutely hate it in this city, by the way. It reeks of profiteering and corruption - exactly what Caribou's Den became in its final righteous hours.

Nevertheless, here's Garuru and his legacy as the closest thing Caribou's Den had to a hero.

SpoilerShow

With the commander dead, the criminals turned to me and Lyncroft. Staring us and the rest of the innocents down, I could see them start to raise their weapons. Lyncroft drew his old revolver from the start of his police days, and I raised the shotgun granted to me. This looked to be our last stand, and I refused to go down.

"Don't kill another innocent customer of mine, you cretins," I snarled. My words set off a prompt firefight between all of us, with pistols flying behind the counter and my shotgun shells responding in time. As the fighting died down, I grabbed Lyncroft and pulled him with me into the back door of the cafe, leading us downstairs to my dwelling. In case of an emergency, there was one escape I could use. It was less than ideal, but we had no choice with the criminals standing between us and the main entrance.

Shotgun facing outward, I backed into the room and locked the door before they could chase. With heavy pounding and kicking, Lyncroft and I fled into the depths of the cellar.
[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SIGNUPS ~7/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia - by Gatr - 06-02-2014, 10:37 PM
RE: [SIGNUPS 17/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia - by Cat - 06-05-2014, 04:57 AM
RE: [SIGNUPS 17/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia - by Cat - 06-05-2014, 04:58 AM
RE: [9/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia [DAY SIX: Cloak and Dagger] - by TehPilot - 07-15-2014, 12:22 PM