Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]
RE: [11/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia [DAY FIVE: And Now, The Weather]
End of Day Five Votals

Acionyx (3) (Mister Visceral, Druplesnubb, Granolaman)
Granolaman (6) (Eidolonic, Garuru, Acionyx, OzTheWizard, Cat, SupahKiven)

Abstaining (2) (Stiqqery, Affle)

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

--

The discussion today was particularly heated. Heated enough I almost turned down the thermostat.

As per established protocol, Granolaman was turned over to the police forces for investigation. I stood outside with the rest of the patrons at my back, watching them carry him off. With two officers holding his arms at each side as he tried to struggle free, Granolaman's efforts appeared futile.

Suddenly, one of officers slipped. Probably was all the ice on the streets - the salt trucks hadn't driven by this stretch of town in some time. Granola soon bolted away from the one officer, leaving the fallen policeman in the snow. As the other gave chase, he too soon fell victim to a slip and fall incident. I spotted a lone banana peel sticking out of the snow where he fell.

Lyncroft started walking to my side, but I had to take decisive action lest I allow Granolaman to escape. I ran after him, only to slip on another banana peel myself. Lyncroft had the right idea and drew a taser, successfully sniping Granola from afar with it. As Lyncroft went to arrest Granola, he too slipped on a banana peel. Other regulars who tried to help also fell victim to banana peels. Where the hell did all of these peels come from?

By the time we managed to actually catch the slippery, banana-peel dropping suspect, the answer came with the background check and usual inquisition of the suspect. Granolaman told his story from start to finish, beginning with a rather upsetting quote:

"You'll never get anywhere in life."

Those were the words which slipped from Granolaman's third grade teacher's mouth after she found herself in one of his clever pranks. That vat of lukewarm macaroni and cheese was meant for Sally's unsuspecting blonde head, not for the teacher frustrated with the lack of passing grades during the English Language unit. Clearly those were words she didn't really mean - she was just fed up with his continuous, disruptive antics. It may have just been a heat of the moment response, but that prediction ended up coming true.

His dreams of a medical school career came to a screeching halt when he let all the laboratory frogs loose for a senior student prank. The biology teacher assigned him a zero for the year, and that damage carried over to his final transcript. Although he made his way through college incident-free long enough to secure a bachelor's in Business Administration, the jump scare he cleverly placed in a presentation ended up giving one of the oldest senior administrators a heart attack. That job didn't last for long, and future endeavors never really did well.

Granolaman was Carl Birkholz, and there was simply no denying it - he was an incorrigible prankster, a perpetual class clown. Although a more than capable human being, he just couldn't suppress the urge to create a stir. Human laughter was what he lived for.

By the time he embraced comedic spirit and attempted stand-up comedy, audiences failed to walk away happy. His moderate sadistic streak failed to resonate with audiences. The end result of all those failed endeavors led him to a baseline, minimum wage job: garbage disposal man of Caribou's Den. Toiling in job that enabled him to skate by, he slowly learned to suppress his prankster tendencies to maintain employment. With trouble on the rise in Caribou's Den and the chance to make a difference, he found a way to return to his old self - this time, with intent to help instead of harm, and perhaps to have a few good laughs along the way.

Granolaman was a TOWN PRANKSTER.

Each night cycle, Granolaman could lay down a field of banana peels between two people. The field of banana peels lasted until the end of the next night cycle. If either of the two players visited each other during this time, they would slip on the banana peels. This had no further effect other than telling the player they slipped on a banana peel during the night.

Granolaman's night action was non-visiting, and he was not informed when someone slipped on the banana peels.

Granolaman was a LOYAL CUSTOMER, and thus held Caribou's Den's best interests at heart. He would achieve victory with his fellow cafegoers when all threats to the safety and stability of Caribou's Den were eliminated.

Another mistake. I posted the results on the corkboard, watched a few more hearts sink, and remained at the register in silence. The day ended, and I went downstairs to sleep.

I've never been fond of video games, but these living arrangements came with an old game console and a few games. Perhaps tonight I'll give this "Temple of Egg" game a try. Anything to get my mind off this shit.

-V.B.

Night Five ends Monday, July 14th at 10PM EST (~53 hours).

All players are advised to check into their Quicktopics during the night phase. Please be prompt and timely in submitting night actions, should you have them.
[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SIGNUPS ~7/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia - by Gatr - 06-02-2014, 10:37 PM
RE: [SIGNUPS 17/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia - by Cat - 06-05-2014, 04:57 AM
RE: [SIGNUPS 17/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia - by Cat - 06-05-2014, 04:58 AM
RE: [11/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia [DAY FIVE: And Now, The Weather] - by TehPilot - 07-12-2014, 09:14 PM