Super Otaku Brawl - Round One: Traverse Town

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Otaku Brawl - Round One: Traverse Town
RE: Super Otaku Brawl
The Plagiarist had finished his gathering. Suddenly, a completely black void, lacking any light whatsoever, was called into existence. Somehow eight figures from very different worlds were visible, perfectly illuminated by nothing. They found themselves floating in this void, unable to really move anywhere. Suddenly, a shadow appears. In all the darkness, the shadow is somehow clearly visible, and it starts to speak.

"Attention combatants! You have been entered into a tournament! A fight to the death! I must admit, this isn't the most original idea, but it was too good an opportunity to pass up! Here's how it's going to go! There's going to be a number of rounds! Every round one of you will die, and I'll give you a new change in scenery. Sound good? Any objections? Too bad! You get no choice! If you win, you might be allowed to go back home if you want, but honestly, I just figured this would be amusing! Now to introduce you all to one another!"

A pillar of light suddenly pierces the void, extending upwards into infinity and with a startled looking hawk at its foot.

"This is Tobias. Yes, yes I know, he's a hawk. He used to be human but you know, shit happens. Now he's a shapeshifter able to morph into any animal he encounters. Watch out for this one. My advice, kill every animal you encounter just in case. You never know right?"

The man in the mask was in the spotlight now.

"This behemoth of a man is Bully Demise, and well where to start? He's died upon multiple occasions, met Jesus personally and even escaped from Hell itself. He's got a cursed sword and powerful demonic and divine magics. God help us all."

The spotlight shone around looking for the next contestant, a grey skinned individual dressed only in shorts and crocs.

"This is the Anger Crabman. The oldest and least interesting being in the universe. Technically immortal the only way this contestant can die is if the universe dies with him. So, um, good luck with that."

The spotlight moved onto the next contestant, the least memorable figure of the nine.

"This lovely lady is Nancy Little. She's a secretary for some police station, though she'd rather be a detective. She could be a detective, too. But little Miss Little's too insecure and apathetic to try, even with her implausible luck. This is arguably the... second-best thing that's ever happened to her. You wanted an adventure, well; today's your lucky day."

The Soldier was lit up next.

"This is Jane Doe; would be soldier and former nazi hunter. He's pretty tough, he routinely fires rockets at his own feet so that should give you some idea of what you're dealing with here."

Next up was another human male.

"This is Jim. A starship captain from the 23rd century, his mission is to boldly go where no man has gone before and I'm certain he'll be breaking new ground on this particular mission."

Now the Queen's Knight was the centre of attention.

"This is Alenia, a fine upstanding member of the Queen's Knights who only wants what is best for her country. Thanks to the Twilight Rune she carries she has some limited power over darkness but you should get along with her just fine so long as you're not one of those filthy non-humans and you don't badmouth the glorious Gizel Godwin."

Finally the spotlight rested on an enormous hunk of amber.

"And finally, encased in this amber is Thanos. I don't actually know if he's aware of what's going on, I guess when he gets out if he isn't one of you can explain the situation to him for me, okay? So anyway yes, this is Thanos. If you feel safe around him for even a second, you're an idiot. He's not the most powerful entity in the universe, nor is he the cleverest, nor is he the most unpredictable. But he is each of these things in spades, and that is a dangerous combination."

"Now that you are all acquainted, we shall begin."

From the darkness a shape appeared and expanded, growing until it was the size of a town, it remained nestled in the black void. It was a quaint little place, with brightly coloured signs on old fashioned buildings and hundreds of twinkling lights. The faint sound of an enchanted melody wound its way through the moonlit streets.

"Welcome to Traverse Town. A refuge for those whose homeworlds have been destroyed by beings known as the Heartless. It is constructed of remnants of those destroyed worlds and inhabited by some very colourful characters. I know it might seem tempting to hop on a gummi ship and try to fly away from this whole ordeal but rest assured I've encased this world in a unmatter bubble. Unless you particularly feel like you'd like to see what it's like to be a handful of atoms floating in the depths of space I wouldn't advise it."

The abductees suddenly found themselves scattered throughout the town. It was a jarring experience, going from existence to nothingness back to a different existence, and it took several seconds for most to regather their senses. In that time, they heard one last line from their captor.

"Have fun, and try not to die too quickly."

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Otaku Brawl - by Ixcaliber - 06-22-2014, 06:08 AM
RE: Super Otaku Brawl - by Schazer - 06-22-2014, 10:40 AM
RE: Super Otaku Brawl - by MasterBlade - 06-22-2014, 12:29 PM
RE: Super Otaku Brawl - by Gatr - 06-22-2014, 03:30 PM
RE: Super Otaku Brawl - by ICan'tGiveCredit - 06-22-2014, 04:12 PM
RE: Super Otaku Brawl - by Elpie - 06-22-2014, 05:20 PM
RE: Super Otaku Brawl - by seedy - 06-22-2014, 05:41 PM
RE: Super Otaku Brawl - by MaxieSatan - 06-22-2014, 06:21 PM
RE: Super Otaku Brawl - by Solaris - 06-22-2014, 06:34 PM