Jester Mafia (GAME OVER!)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jester Mafia (GAME OVER!)
RE: Jester Mafia (Night 3: There's No Lynch Like No Lynch)
It is day. Six gather before the Modjester. A quick search reveals the body of the seventh, AgentBlue.

AgentBlue was the Flavorjester. His keen senses made him realize that there were non-Jesters in town, and he planned to root them out, and then see to it that they got the lynch a Jester would have preferred.

He could investigate one player each night and find out if they were a Jester. Ixcaliber, the Not A Jester, would have given a false positive result, and Granolaman, the No Lynch, would have given a false negative result.

Agent would win if even one non-Jester were lynched. He would then receive a bonus win if all non-Jesters died by the end of the game.

As Ixcaliber wasn't a jester, Agent has won. He did not get the bonus win.

The Modjester pauses, and counts something on his fingers.

"Three Mafia, six people," he concludes. "I do believe this means the Mafia has won! Well, congratulations."

Solaris, Jacquerel, and Not The Author all groan, as they turn towards Wheat, Pick Yer Poison, and cyber95.

"Dammit, I didn't finish taking out all the stupid jesters!" Solaris growls, shedding his human disguise.

Solaris was the Demon. He was summoned by the Mafia to be their hitman, but they didn't stick around to tell him who they were. He hated jesters with a passion, and planned to wipe them all out. He could choose the Mafia's kill at night, and would win if all jesters were dead at the end of the game, whether or not he was alive.

Sadly, there were still several jesters alive, so he has lost.

"And I never managed to stop you from killing!" Jacquerel sighs.

Jacquerel was the Blockjester, the Mafia Roleblocker. He didn't know who else was in the Mafia, but he was skilled at disabling people with pranks.

He could block one player each night, and hoped to stop his own faction's kill. Then he'd get himself lynched to finish the performance off. He would win if he stopped the Mafia kill (he would be informed if he did) and was then lynched; if he met just one of these conditions, he'd get a half-win. Unfortunately for him, he met neither.

"And I just got in touch with Jac last night!" Not The Author sighs. "But we didn't have time to do anything!"

Not The Author was the Traitorjester. He wanted to join up with the Mafia and then help whoever he teamed up with get their own win condition, whether it was good for the Mafia or not.

In an attempt to meet allies, he could visit one player each night and tell his target that he was the Mafia's traitor, and would ask to be recruited. If his target was in the Mafia, then he would become a mason with them. He would win if he successfully did this and then his partner met their win condition; he would get a half-win if he failed to be recruited but was lynched.

Sadly for him, although he had teamed up with Jacquerel at the last minute, his partner had failed to block the kill.

For the record, he would count towards the Mafia's numbers whether he was recruited or not.

"Damn it! And I didn't even take out a single demon!" Wheat grumbles, moments before Solaris shoots him.

Wheat was the Demon Hunter. Each day, he could either publicly or privately select a player to target with his holy weaponry. If his target were a demon, they would die; otherwise, they would be unharmed. He would win if all demons were dead at the end of the game.

"Aw, man! And I framed those people for nothing! How am I supposed to get lynched now?" Pick Yer Poison sighs, as Jacquerel sprays him in the face with whipped cream. He chokes to death shortly afterwards, dropping an evil artifact.

Pick Yer Poison was the Framejester. Reasoning that the townspeople had little incentive to lynch someone who was actually guilty, he decided to make that pool seem larger in hopes of making himself a more attractive lynch.

He had an evil artifact, and once per night, he could choose a player and plant the artifact in their home. This would cause them to appear Guilty on investigations. Unbeknownst to him, it would also corrupt his target with evil energy for the next day, rendering them vulnerable to Wheat's holy weaponry. (Secretly, Wheat would have earned a Super Bonus Win if he had been framed and then tried to daykill himself. Because that kind of hilarious result deserves a reward.)

Pick Yer Poison would win if he was lynched. Sadly, he wasn't.

Incidentally, if Woffles, the Lawjester, visited the same player as him in the same night, she would have made his target appear Innocent. They still would have been corrupted by the artifact's evil, however.

"Ahhh! Don't hurt me!" cyber95 shrieks. "I'm just a harmless little imp! I don't have anything to do with this place, I just want to get out of here!"

Cyber95 was the Frightened Imp. A lesser demon who had been accidentally summoned by the Mafia's first attempt to bring in their hitman, he was thoroughly unconcerned with the matters of the town and just wanted to survive the madness. He hoped that the Jesters all stumbling over each other in competition for the lynch would be enough of a distraction to let him last that long.

He was a third-party survivor, and one of the two demons Wheat was trying to kill. He would win if he was alive at the end of the game, which he was!

"Fine," Solaris says. "No sense in hurting a fellow demon. Now scram, before I change my mind!"

Jacquerel and Not The Author make noncommittal mumbling noises as Cyber95 scurries off.

The Modjester applauds and laughs, before vanishing. Perhaps he will appear again someday.

And that's it! Good game, everyone! Some miscellaneous details:

Para would die if he were either elected for his own item, or if someone else were and used it on him. This happened on N1, so Para has won. If the item were used on anyone else, it would have only cosmetic effects.

Woffles targeted Solaris N1, so she did not meet her win condition.

The Mafia kill would have been inherited in this order: Solaris, Jacquerel (meaning he could only half-win if Solaris was killed, as self-blocking wouldn't be allowed), Ixcaliber (despite not being in the Mafia), NTA (regardless of recruitment).

Night Actions:

N1:
-Solaris kills Paranoia.
-Jac uses balloons on Paranoia (overrides Sol's kill), blocks Wheat.
-NTA reveals himself as traitor to MrGuy.
-PYP frames Solaris. (which has no effect, as he's already guilty and a demon)
-Woffles lawyers Solaris.
-MrGuy investigates Solaris, gets Innocent result due to lawyering.
-AgentBlue flavorchecks Solaris, gets Non-Jester result.

N2:
-Solaris kills MrGuy.
-Jacquerel blocks Pick Yer Poison.
-NTA reveals himself to nobody.
-Pick Yer Poison frames Wheat, but gets roleblocked.
-MrGuy investigates Wheat. Innocent result.
-AgentBlue flavorchecks MrGuy. Jester result.

N3:
-Solaris kills AgentBlue.
-Jacquerel blocks cyber95.
-NTA reveals self as traitor to Jacquerel, gets recruited.
-Pick Yer Poison frames AgentBlue.
-AgentBlue flavorchecks cyber95. Non-jester result.

Here are the final results.

Winners
The Mafia
Ixcaliber (Not A Jester)
AgentBlue (Flavorjester)
soundlyParanoid (Jestventor)
Granolaman (No Lynch)
MrGuy (Copjester)
cyber95 (Frightened Imp)

Losers
The Town
Woffles (Lawjester)
Solaris (Demon)
Jacquerel (Blockjester)
Not The Author (Traitorjester)
Wheat (Demon Hunter)
Pick Yer Poison (Framejester)

Congratulations to everyone on a great game!

Links to QTs will come along in a bit, as well as awards.

Messages In This Thread
Jester Mafia (GAME OVER!) - by Dragon Fogel - 02-18-2012, 01:08 AM
RE: Jester Mafia (Signups!) - by Jacquerel - 02-18-2012, 01:10 AM
RE: Jester Mafia (Signups!) - by Pick Yer Poison - 02-18-2012, 01:21 AM
RE: Jester Mafia (Signups!) - by Not The Author - 02-18-2012, 01:29 AM
RE: Jester Mafia (Signups!) - by MaxieSatan - 02-18-2012, 01:41 AM
RE: Jester Mafia (Signups!) - by Granolaman - 02-18-2012, 01:42 AM
RE: Jester Mafia (Signups!) - by Robust Laser - 02-18-2012, 01:52 AM
RE: Jester Mafia (Signups!) - by Paranoia - 02-18-2012, 02:10 AM
RE: Jester Mafia (Signups!) - by Solaris - 02-18-2012, 02:50 AM
RE: Jester Mafia (Signups!) - by AgentBlue - 02-18-2012, 03:16 AM
RE: Jester Mafia (Signups!) - by Woffles - 02-18-2012, 12:59 PM
RE: Jester Mafia (Signups!) - by Ixcaliber - 02-20-2012, 06:06 AM
RE: Jester Mafia (Signups!) - by Dragon Fogel - 02-20-2012, 09:28 PM
RE: Jester Mafia (Night 3: There's No Lynch Like No Lynch) - by Dragon Fogel - 03-16-2012, 09:09 PM
RE: Jester Mafia (GAME OVER!) - by Solaris - 03-16-2012, 09:23 PM
RE: Jester Mafia (GAME OVER!) - by Not The Author - 03-16-2012, 09:26 PM
RE: Jester Mafia (GAME OVER!) - by Dragon Fogel - 03-16-2012, 09:35 PM
RE: Jester Mafia (GAME OVER!) - by Robust Laser - 03-16-2012, 10:13 PM
RE: Jester Mafia (GAME OVER!) - by AgentBlue - 03-16-2012, 10:36 PM
RE: Jester Mafia (GAME OVER!) - by Woffles - 03-17-2012, 01:04 PM
RE: Jester Mafia (GAME OVER!) - by Jacquerel - 03-17-2012, 01:07 PM
RE: Jester Mafia (GAME OVER!) - by AgentBlue - 03-17-2012, 02:25 PM
RE: Jester Mafia (GAME OVER!) - by Ixcaliber - 03-17-2012, 06:15 PM
RE: Jester Mafia (GAME OVER!) - by MaxieSatan - 03-17-2012, 08:12 PM
RE: Jester Mafia (GAME OVER!) - by btp - 03-18-2012, 02:14 AM
RE: Jester Mafia (GAME OVER!) - by Jacquerel - 03-18-2012, 02:33 AM