Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]
RE: [19/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia [DAY ONE: Word On The Street]
"Hello?"

"Yes, it's Vincent. I'd like to have an arrest made."

End of Day One Votals

Druplesnubb (7) (OzTheWizard, icanhasdonut, Mirdini, Garuru, Palamedes, Mister Visceral, makerofthegames)
Mirdini (6) (Granolaman, Affle, smash ball, Schazer, Acionyx, Druplesnubb)
Cat (2) (Stiqqery, speedchuck)
Affle (1) (Ginx-sama)
Palamedes (1) (Cat)
Granolaman (1) (Truegreen)
Mister Visceral (1) (SupahKiven)

I finally got my courage to order an arrest. I didn't suspect that Lyncroft's plan would actually apparently work. It seems there's a lot of suspicious activity about this one fellow, and the crowd has deemed him a criminal. As soon as I utter his purported alias over the phone, all the discussion comes to a grinding halt - and it remains silent for the next fifteen minutes as police officers enter the cafe.

"Where's the man?" they ask. I point to Druplesnubb, and everyone else soon follows suit. He's taken away quickly, without much resistance from anyone. The rest of the cafe returns to their seats and sit silently, watching the local news. The officers promised a police report within the hour on the man.

Three hours later, Chief Lyncroft calls back and invites me down to the police station. I walk through the bitter sunset of Caribou's Den, and I soon meet the old man and Druplesnubb sitting in the same room.

"Better tell your customers to get their eyesight checked," Lyncroft sneers. "They just turned over our incumbent chief of police."

"I suppose anyone could be suspicious," I add.

"Well, we did a thorough background check and polygraph test, and nothing's come up." Lyncroft sighed, pushing back his gray hair. "On top of that, this man's been with us for years. I think we know he's safe."

"Well, this is unfortunate." Looks like we had it in the wrong place. I did my best to apologize to Mr. Lowell, as he preferred to be called, and offered him a discount on his next few coffees.

Understandably so, he didn't feel like coming back to the cafe any time soon. I walked back through the twilight, leaving the police report on the corkboard for all to read. I've included a written copy of my findings as well:

The serenity of Caribou's Den is upheld by its prestigious police force, one which has defended these frozen lands since the very inception of the city. The title Chief of Police, thusly, is not lightly rewarded - it is instead given to only the most qualified applicants and skilled members of the force. The good news going around recently is that the police force has finally found its next leader.

Druplesnubb was Benjamin Lowell, the current incumbent for Chief of Police. Since his first days on the force, he was an officer with a promising future. The many small crimes he apprehended and his efforts in solving the last major crime had put him in a respected, revered position. Now that the current Chief of Police is contemplating retirement, the stage had been set for his transition to power. All was going well with his transition until this arson-esque crime happened, and the current Chief of Police stopped filling out the retirement paperwork to tackle the issue. With aspirations of helping solve this current crime to further his legacy, he had planted himself in the situation within my cafe as an undercover police officer. It would've been an honor for him to assume office with not one, but two, major crimes solved.

Druplesnubb was a TOWN VANILLA.

He lacked any special powers, aside from being able to talk during the day and having a lynch vote to make free use of.

Druplesnubb was a LOYAL CUSTOMER, and thus held Caribou's Den's best interests at heart. He would achieve victory with his fellow cafegoers when all threats to the safety and stability of Caribou's Den were eliminated.

I suppose it wasn't the worst we could have done. An embarrassing mistake, nonetheless, but not the worst one.

As I finish writing this, the somber crowd has left my cafe, and I've flipped the door sign from 'open' to 'closed'. Time to turn out the lights, head downstairs, and maybe read a little before I sleep. I'm reading this book by a promising author, it's pretty well written.

I could do with a story that isn't about sad white people falling in love, though. It's a little overdone at this point.

-V.B.

Night One ends Sunday, June 22nd at 10PM EST (~48 hours).

All players are advised to check into their Quicktopics during the night phase. Please be prompt and timely in submitting night actions, should you have them.

[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SIGNUPS ~7/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia - by Gatr - 06-02-2014, 10:37 PM
RE: [SIGNUPS 17/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia - by Cat - 06-05-2014, 04:57 AM
RE: [SIGNUPS 17/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia - by Cat - 06-05-2014, 04:58 AM
RE: [19/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia [DAY ONE: Word On The Street] - by TehPilot - 06-21-2014, 02:28 AM