The thread for flipping shits (and tables)

The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
i had my consult today, and the results are several:

my leg fracture is in such a place it cannot be cast but is of minimal risk for worsening or healing improperly. i have a large cyborgy brace to minimize pain and prevent accidentally twisting it, but from now until it heals i'll just be walking on the broken leg as i have been since the accident.

the right arm fracture is similarly uncastable. however, it will require regular physical therapy to prevent the muscles from locking or the bone healing wrong. i start therapy friday. i dont know how long to expect to continue yet.

the wrist break turned out to be much worse than originally estimated. in addition to breaking across, the radius shattered into what looks like at least four pieces. a plate and a number of screws will need to be installed, but some of the fragments are too small to be properly attached. they will have to be placed and bound and held together mostly with hope and trust in my own healing process. i am likely to develop arthritis, and the soft tissue and nerves may need to be adjusted during surgery to prevent carpal tunnel. the surgeon explicitly said '[my] wrist will never be the same', but the complications could be worse.

i go in for surgery tomorrow morning.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - by SleepingOrange - 05-20-2014, 03:34 AM