This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff

This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
Yeah uh
we can without a doubt sustain the human population

Although many animals show evidence of intelligence and feelings and deserve some rights because of that, we know for certain that all humans are sentient beings capable of suffering and despair. The alleviation of human suffering has to be put first, especially since so much of it is inflicted by human-created, human-sustained power structures that we can dismantle. A more enlightened, better-organized and more equal society would be much more able to protect the Earth's environment than we are now. You can't expect people to care about preserving wild lands or not contributing to climate change when they don't have access to nutrition and medical care. Environmentalism is altruistic, sure, but like any act of "giving up" it's fundamentally a luxury and honestly the amount of people who are well-off enough to do silly things like buy solar panels and organic food is too small a fraction of the population to change anything anyway.

Sorry if this sounds angry, I promise I'm not mad. I just felt the point needed to be made.
"The parties are advised to chill." - Supreme Court of the United States, case opinion written by Justice Souter

Messages In This Thread
[SERIOus] - by g0m - 04-17-2012, 03:06 AM
can you form a cohesive thought? - by Norivia - 09-01-2012, 01:32 AM
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - by TickTickTockTock - 05-08-2014, 12:55 AM
a52's Ear Infection Adventure - by a52 - 10-06-2016, 12:48 AM
Goodbye - by Reyweld - 04-11-2020, 04:41 AM