Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 3: The Book of Revelation
(04-08-2014, 11:21 PM)Mirdini Wrote: »
  1. As some people noted yesterday cyber did not really make sense as a night kill target - he'd barely posted on day one (a total of 4 posts in this thread), and isn't particularly known as someone scum would want to murder otherwise. The only theory that holds up with cyber being intentionally shot is Schazer's 'scum shot a lurker to do the game a favor' which is not one I'm convinced by, see 2.

2. Despite my posting what, 3 times through the first two days I'm killed N2. This doesn't hold up with the 'scum want to keep the game fun' theory because even without my posting day 2 I'd still done more than some other players. It also doesn't make sense from a pure 'shoot the most in-this-game threatening people' angle either since well my absence. Which leaves the 'shoot dini he's dangerous' meta-reasoning that points heavily towards the mafia trying to off me N1 as well.

I have noticed something of an inconsistency within your statements.

The statements you made are as follows.

1. You claim Cyber did not make sense as a nightkill target due to his poor posting frequency

2. You claim you also did not post frequently.

3. You claim the mafia targeted you because you were labeled as 'Dangerous'

4. You support your 'Dangerous' claim by saying it would not make sense to kill you normally due to your low post frequency.

You have come to several conclusions that seem to support this, the backbone of your argument seems to be that Cyber was not killed by the mafia.

However, if we look at this from the viewpoint of Cyber being killed by the mafia we notice an interesting pattern.

1. You and Cyber both had a low post frequency but enough to be merely seen as semi-active.

This suggests to me that Cyber was deliberately targeted the first night as a sort of 'safe' kill of sorts. I believe you have been targeted for a similar reason.

I believe that Scum are following a pattern of hitting semi-active players, those that are neither very active nor simply inactive. My argument is as follows.

1. I can see no reason Scum would have identified you as dangerous before the first night. (If there is some power that can do this I would like to know)

2. Assuming (1.) is true and there has been no night-kill on another player highly active or inactive this suggests that even if Mirdini was targeted the first night it is due to his semi-activity or something he stated in one of his few posts not any determined 'dangerousness'.

3. Cyber was killed night one.

4. Mirdini was hit night two

5. Cyber shared a similar level of activity as Mirdini.

6. Mafia perform most if not all night kills. As they are always the same their kills are likely to share some logical reasoning or methodology. Basically it will produce a pattern.

7. If both (3.) and (4.) are accurate and we take (6.) into consideration, if we are to find a definite pattern between kills over a period of nights they are likely to be perpetrated by the same person, most likely the mafia. If we take (5.) into consideration and agree it is a pattern (which is supported by (2.)), we can be reasonably sure that both Cyber and Mirdini were targeted by the same person or group of people.

Mirdini, I think you have internalized this attack too much, assuming that it is something specific to you that has lead to the attack. I propose that it is the continuation of a specific pattern which gives us insight into the Mafia's thought processes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Sotek - 03-07-2014, 06:57 AM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Akumu - 03-08-2014, 03:38 AM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by seedy - 03-09-2014, 06:04 AM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Nova - 03-09-2014, 10:17 PM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Gatr - 03-11-2014, 01:30 AM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Gnauga - 03-13-2014, 02:26 AM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Nova - 03-13-2014, 03:34 AM
I AM THE HEADER KING - by Nova - 04-03-2014, 01:58 AM
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 3: The Book of Revelation - by Truegreen - 04-09-2014, 01:46 AM
RE: Murder By The Book - Ender's Game - by Sotek - 06-17-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: Murder By The Book - Ender's Game - by Sotek - 06-17-2014, 05:10 PM