S.K.Y.F.I.R.E.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S.K.Y.F.I.R.E.
RE: S.K.Y.F.I.R.E.
You frantically brandish your fingers against the panel, hoping to get the woman out of her eventual coffin.

"Come ON! Wake up!"

You look around, and see a bit of metal debris, possibly the one that cut all those tubes. It looks sharp. You pick it up, and carefully attempt to break the window.

bang. bang. bang. CRASHtinkletinkle.

Her face is slightly cut up by the shards of glass, but she does not even flinch. The panel dies out, and the pod shuts down. The locking mechanism retreats as well, and the door just kind of falls open. You grab her, heaving her weight on your back. Your injured leg throbs in pain, but you muster your strength and carry on, back to the room you came out of. There are a few beds here and there, so you dump her body on one as carefully as you can. You turn her over, and examine her face.

She is only superficially harmed by the glass, and her face is still beautiful. She is dressed in a simple work jumpsuit. You try to remember who she is. Who you are.

Your stomach rumbles. Your mental reflection of the ship's available food supplies brings up, unbidden, the dead crewmen. In an odd moment of apparent insanity, you consider eating them to satisfy your alien-organism urges. You shake your head, and look down. You look at your hands, then look at the woman's hands. You are like the woman, there is no question of that. Perhaps more will return to you later. She appears to be stabilizing. Maybe? One thing you are sure you're not, is a doctor. Nevertheless, she is now breathing, if not a bit quietly. You dab her face, and return to where you came from.

If you and her are going to survive, you need to stop this ship. Time is running out. There are three passages leading away from the stabilization room, but they don't have markers. Instead, there is a lone depiction of the ship above the doorways, with the bow pointing left.

The leftmost passage apparently leads to the bow,
where the hold should be, but
there is an orange glow from that direction.
The centermost passage simply leads
straight ahead, with no discerning features
about it.
The rightmost passage, leading towards the stern,
has a very indistinct white glow at the end of the tunnel.
It may be a terminal.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]

Messages In This Thread
S.K.Y.F.I.R.E. - by Gatr - 03-26-2014, 04:37 AM
RE: S.K.Y.F.I.R.E. - by AgentBlue - 03-26-2014, 12:48 PM
RE: S.K.Y.F.I.R.E. - by Whimbrel - 03-26-2014, 05:33 PM
RE: S.K.Y.F.I.R.E. - by Truegreen - 03-26-2014, 10:25 PM
RE: S.K.Y.F.I.R.E. - by Gatr - 03-27-2014, 03:47 AM
RE: S.K.Y.F.I.R.E. - by ICan'tGiveCredit - 03-27-2014, 04:26 AM
RE: S.K.Y.F.I.R.E. - by AgentBlue - 03-27-2014, 09:54 AM
RE: S.K.Y.F.I.R.E. - by Truegreen - 03-27-2014, 11:54 AM
RE: S.K.Y.F.I.R.E. - by Whimbrel - 03-27-2014, 03:37 PM