Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 1: Murder on the Disoriented Express
(03-22-2014, 06:06 AM)Akumu Wrote: »
(03-22-2014, 05:24 AM)seedy Wrote: »Also, random lynches are not better than no lynches. The whole POINT of "always lynching" is for the information.

No, the point is killing scum, and the fact that with an odd number of living players lynching wrong has the same effect on number of mislynches as not lynching at all.

No, look. The point of lynching is killing scum. The point of the philosophy of 'always lynching' is that the only way the town can win a game without over-reliance on power roles is via the information gained from lynching. The whole reason this trend started is not because of mathematics, it's because if you start a day by going "let's not kill anyone" then people won't be put under pressure, won't be forced to give opinions, won't post thoughts that you can analyze later. The philosophy is not, as many seem to believe, in opposition to occasionally having a no lynch.
What happened yesterday with people genuinely pursuing suspects was far more informative than a day where we piled on a random player for no reason would have been. 'Always lynching' is about the interactions that happen between people when lynches are pursued, and having a random lynch would obviate that as it would be impossible to differentiate between people on their lynch wagon. All of them would seem to be voting merely 'because.' You need to pursue lynches based on discussions and scumminess, because in those scum and town will begin to behave differently.
Furthermore, your mathematics only account for a lynch and nightkill. There are scores of roles which will throw your calculations completely off. These equations are useful when you're getting close to mylo/lylo. They don't make sense to trot out on day one when you have no idea what the setup is even like.

I'm in favor of the 'always lynching' idea, but I don't like to see it being defended for ridiculous reasons that have nothing to do with why it was applied in the past.

Also, your habit of picking and choosing what to reply to in my posts is getting a little grating. I appreciate that it was right before the deadline and you couldn't type out an entire wall, but it makes me wonder why you chose to use that time to say THAT of all things. Your comment was related to the current situation, but it lacked urgency or a real sense that you're actually trying to accomplish ANY of the things you're advocating.

Vote: Akumu doot doot doot can you actually go and make a proper reply to my points now that you have the tiiiiiime?

p.s. Sotek is that weird defense of granola enough to convince you that Akumu Must Die So That We May Live? Are granola's vague motions at Akumu enough? I guess you're voting eberron so uh I'd be curious to see how you have that whole interaction triangle figgered.

Anyways, onto other players.
Schazer, why did you try for a speedlynch on cyber? That pretty obviously wasn't going to happen in the time we had left, and from my perspective it could be an excuse to not be on eberron's wagon while they die (while acting like you're trying to prevent it). I mean, maybe you'd generally be more subtle than that, but...

@Slorange: based on ~experience~, I think the mafia used their janitoring n1 to try and deny us as much info as they could, essentially turning today into a second day one. I think I've seen this tactic used before in the wake of no lynches? So, if anyone wants to continue the psych analysis line of thinking...(I was ready to call it sort of bunk until I got to your post, and now I have to rescind my comment and also give Schazer all my money)

@Truegreen: most of the time I see the type of ability Slorange claimed used it's night one. I think there's a specific reason for this, but I forget what it is. My point is it's not as odd as you seem to think? I think I've seen killnexuses before, too...basically I believe his claim, pending further information. I mean, it helps I wasn't exactly thinking him scum before either.
Btw Truegreen you really ought not to assume people are boys.
Anyways if you think he's scum and his claim is fake, then whose reactions to it do you find the most suspicious? Since some of them are going to be lyyyiiinnggg fake reactions. Acting it out, saying believable town lines, etc.

That said, I don't think Truegreen is scum. If they're scum and Slorange is scum, then bussing him out of nowhere like this makes little to no sense. If they're scum and Slorange is town, then Truegreen knows full well that what Slorange said is true. It doesn't seem like a typical newbie maf action...mafia are afraid to lie about things they know for fact, and they generally don't do it unless pressured or gambiting, all the more so if they're inexperienced.

By the way I'm not on spring break anymore so expect me to be EVEN LESS PRESENT. Yaaay!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Sotek - 03-07-2014, 06:57 AM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Akumu - 03-08-2014, 03:38 AM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by seedy - 03-09-2014, 06:04 AM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Nova - 03-09-2014, 10:17 PM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Gatr - 03-11-2014, 01:30 AM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Gnauga - 03-13-2014, 02:26 AM
RE: Murder By The Book (A Mafia game) - by Nova - 03-13-2014, 03:34 AM
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 1: Murder on the Disoriented Express - by seedy - 03-29-2014, 06:23 AM
I AM THE HEADER KING - by Nova - 04-03-2014, 01:58 AM
RE: Murder By The Book - Ender's Game - by Sotek - 06-17-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: Murder By The Book - Ender's Game - by Sotek - 06-17-2014, 05:10 PM