The Grand OC! [CONTEST XXX: HALLOWEEEEEEEEEEN]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Grand OC! [CONTEST XXX: HALLOWEEEEEEEEEEN]
RE: The Grand OC! [CONTEST EIGHT: BOREAL! SUBMISSIONS WELCOME!]
Alright everyone, time for some AWARDSNOUNECEMENTS! Without further ado...

The Best In Show Award: This one has to go to Caille Caprice, for just being all-over generally interesting. He could have won any number of awards, and the fact that he could have gotten so many of them in other situations makes this the best one for him.

The Above The Fold Award: Congratulations to Ice Cube, for truly being one of the coolest contestants where it really counts.

The Iron Chef Special Ingredient Award: I'm giving this one to Nikolai Tramontane; there are a lot of ways you can go with a word like boreal in a context like this one, but making it literally just about northernliness with nothing else the word usually implies is an interesting twist, and one nobody else really used. Nice work.

The Backdoor Worldbuilding Award: Obviously, this one has to go to ICE-Qube. Who among us can honestly say they wouldn't read the hell out of a story or comic set in the rhyme-busing year of 2XXX?

The Diligent Gentleman Award: The most battle-appropriate character to me seems to be Fr'Zen Nord. He's got dangerous abilities but motivations that seem like they wouldn't make him immediately nuke everything, enough mystery and vagueness to flesh out nicely over the course of the narrative, and the potential for some truly apocalyptic end-of-round scenarios.

The 20Q Award For Confusing Me: This one was a hard pick, since most of the entries were pretty straightforward and sensible, but I think it's most appropriate to give it to Sosnovom Lesu for his abilities that took a couple of readthroughs to properly parse. As well as the name. Who named him that? How do you pronounce it? What does a bear need with a name, anyway?

The Synergy Award: Perhaps surprisingly, this one goes to Svalbard. With so many of the contestants focusing on cold or geography or environment, a literal island monster with a frozen wasteland on its back ties them all nicely together. And would be a good place for a round.

The I See What You Did There Award: booooooooore

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Grand OC! [CONTEST EIGHT: BOREAL! SUBMISSIONS WELCOME!] - by SleepingOrange - 03-05-2014, 06:35 AM
RE: The Grand OC! [CONTEST XXIII: ANGLE!] - by !? - 07-06-2014, 02:08 PM
RE: The Grand OC! [CONTEST XXIII: ANGLE!] - by !? - 07-14-2014, 01:51 AM
RE: The Grand OC! [CONTEST XXIV: SWAG!] - by Gatr - 07-24-2014, 01:44 AM
RE: The Grand OC! [CONTEST 28: NEKKID] - by Sai - 10-03-2014, 02:06 AM
RE: The Grand OC! [CONTEST 28: NEKKID] - by Sai - 10-08-2014, 06:19 PM
RE: The Grand OC! [CONTEST 29: STOIC] - by Sai - 10-14-2014, 07:46 AM
RE: The Grand OC! [CONTEST 29: STOIC] - by Sai - 10-15-2014, 03:11 AM