Let's Play Space Trader

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Play Space Trader
Let's Play Space Trader
There's this wonderful game called Space Trader for the Palm Pilot. Someone made a version for Windows which is pretty much the exact same thing. Other people have made their own versions, which are all pretty different, but I have not played them. In fact, half of those 'other versions' are probably just games that have nothing to do with the original Space Trader other than the fact that "Space" and "Trader" are pretty common words and what else are you gonna name a simulation game about being a trader in space?

Here it is if you'd like it. I didn't get any viruses when I got but be careful anyway. https://sourceforge.net/projects/spacetraderwin/

[Image: zUsuSvd.png]

So the style of this adventure is I'm going to be playing this game, posting screenshots, allowing you the readers to make some major decisions. This is a fairly open ended game. While you're supposed to be a merchant, there are quests, and you do have the option of becoming a Vigilante or a Pirate.

In addition I will indeed draw pictures of this and add some adventure-y elements of my own that involve what the player is doing when not space trading.

--------------
Day 0:
Dear Diary,
Today is my first day as a Space Trader! This is such a wonderful profession. My father and my mother were space traders, but they SUCKED at it! All they ever made was a measly 1000 credits!

I should not speak ill of them, bless their souls. I'll make their spirits proud to call me "Offspring." Having inherited their ship, the Gnat, I shall start small and become richer and richer until....

What's something I'd like... Something that would give me fame... power... happiness......

A moon! Yes, I'm gonna buy a moon! It's gonna be a great moon! I love moons! And then I'm going to retire there and have such a great life.

So Diary, what do you think of my plan? Do you think I can make it? I wonder how long it will take me... I believe that I truly will be the best Space Trader.

Oh! Sorry Diary! I forgot to introduce myself...

[Image: Y98rIza.png]

Name: >_
Difficulty: >_

Assign values between 1 and 10, inclusive. The total sum must equal 20.
Pilot:
Fighter:
Trader:
Engineer:

>_
[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]

Messages In This Thread
Let's Play Space Trader - by Crowstone - 12-17-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: Let's Play Space Trader - by ICan'tGiveCredit - 12-17-2013, 12:13 AM
RE: Let's Play Space Trader - by Gnauga - 12-17-2013, 12:26 AM
RE: Let's Play Space Trader - by ICan'tGiveCredit - 12-17-2013, 04:09 AM
RE: Let's Play Space Trader - by Whimbrel - 12-17-2013, 06:07 PM