Ifenan Legends [Abandoned]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ifenan Legends [Abandoned]
RE: Ifenan Legends (Live-Session DnD-like)
Sorry about the long delay there. I needed to take a step back to examine how this has gone so far, and it's proven productive.

Firstly, the problems up to this point have been firmly at my own feet. As the GM I am supposed to coordinate the group, but I've been too lax in that regard from the word 'go'. It's also my own responsibility to provide pacing - something I've looked to the group for, which simply doesn't work as I'm the one with knowledge of upcoming events.

Another mistake was not providing enough information for people to create characters - I assumed that beginning at level 1 would indicate that the player characters were to be fledgling adventurers; not all that more able than any other person in the setting... yet.

And finally, I tried to start the party with the bare minimum railroading... which, given my lack of experience, only resulted in the player characters being a bunch of random people with no incentive to work together.

As a side note, further examination and testing of the rule-set has brought around some much-needed tweaks. I'll detail those as I iron them out and mercilessly put them through the testing meat-grinder. The changes I'm examining are mostly back-end; I don't foresee them visibly impacting anything player-side.

The long and short of this:

- I will need everyone to post in this thread the times/days they're definitely available for around 3 consecutive hours (with the first half an hour being devoted to prep). "Available anytime" is utterly unhelpful. Apologies for the sudden leap in strictness, but it's necessary.

- The events that have gone through so far make continuing past reasonable expectation where in-character behaviour is concerned. Additionally the starting 'scenario' is somewhat beyond my ability to handle properly. Those two facts mean that starting over is most likely the best thing to be done.

- Possibly more to come. We'll see. Given that this is being rebooted with a different beginning, I'm perfectly fine with character re-creation should anyone like to. More info on the new starting scenario should be coming soon.

Sorry about the troubles; this is very much a learning experience for myself, being my first time acting as GM. Hopefully I haven't turned anyone off with my blatant floundering.

Messages In This Thread
Ifenan Legends [Abandoned] - by VerifiedNutcase - 09-02-2013, 12:18 PM
RE: Ifenan Legends (Live-Session DnD-like) - by VerifiedNutcase - 10-02-2013, 06:48 PM
RE: Ifenan Legends [Abandoned] - by MasterBlade - 10-21-2013, 04:22 PM