The Fatal Conflict (GBS2G7) (Round 4: The Huntsman's Garden)

The Fatal Conflict (GBS2G7) (Round 4: The Huntsman's Garden)
RE: The Fatal Conflict (GBS2G7) (Round 4: The Huntsman's Garden)
Ymirhoggr’s screams bellowed out across the multicoloured planet. All around children began to shriek in unison as their ears began to bleed profusely. The air around the dying beast seemed to warp and shift unnaturally as everyone around it became insane, then sane, then insane again as the gargantuan writhed in its final death throes. It’s blood danced in the cloudless sky, tinted in a colour that by all right shouldn't really exist. Were anyone sane enough to be in such a spectacles presence they would no doubt call it strangely beautiful.

Time slowed down to a crawl. Techni-coloured pipe, blood and the corpses of children glid through the air until eventually all things came to a stop. Atop a monolithic spire of a slide stood the silhouette of a man, clad in deep red and smiling a wide, cruel grin.

“I must say you certainly aren't short of surprises” His insidious voice echoed in the heads of the contestants, all paused by Zaire’s magic. “I never thought you would actually kill the thing! You have quite the penchant for destruction I see, I'm very proud of you.” The Redeemer finished his sentence as if addressing a gaggle of small children. “Alas, playtime is over. I’m sure you have all terribly missed me, have you not?” Zaire cackled to himself, whatever damage had been done through his previous excursion had been evidently reversed. “But enough with the sentimentalities! We have a busy schedule ahead of us! Come along now children!”

With a flash of red glyphs The contestants found themselves whisked away from the Infinite Playground, leaving a still dying Ymirhoggr alone with its children.

---

The participants of The Redeemers game found themselves instantly in a new locale, their heads still ringing from Ymirhoggr’s influence. Zaire appeared in front of them a mere moment later, poised to introduce the new arena to his combatants. “Welcome to The Huntsman’s Garden!” Zaire shouted with a flourish. The contestants darted their eyes around to see their environs, it was only thing that Zaire allowed them to move.

Surrounding them was vast forest covered in a bewildering array of flora, some recognisable, others considerably less so. A soft grass laid beneath their feet, as their eyes glanced across the floor the grass faded from natural greens to purples and reds. Birches and Oaks stand by vastly more alien and bizarre trees. The landscape was dotted by the occasional stone structure, completely covered in moss and eroded by time, the remnants of an ancient civilisation long since past. The gentle sounds of nature ebbed all around them, bird softly chirp their songs high in the trees and insects buzz and click throughout the wood. The constant din of a small bubbling river could be heard in the distance. To come from somewhere so fake and dead to a land so full of life was jarring to say the least.

“Now you’re probably wondering why they call this place The Huntsman’s Garden, no?” Zaire chimed in; the very presence of his magic charred the grass underneath his feet. “Well, this forest is where the greatest hunters of this Galaxy hunt down the most ferocious and deadly predators of this Galaxy.” As if on cue, a guttural roar pierced through the calm of the forest. The sound of scattering birds and creatures pitter-patter across the landscape, followed by the howl of a less fortunate creature, succumbing to a grizzly fate. Zaire’s eyes widened and he smiled like a madman. “Don’t let the ambience fool you now! This is a true arena of death!” The Redeemer howled and snorted like some cruel jester. “Oh but that is not all, you see this wood is filled to the brim with-“ The Grand Master gave a gentle tap to a nearby tree, from seemingly out of nowhere a bolt of iron ripped through the air and pierced the bark mere millimetres by Zaire’s hand, naturally, the man didn’t even flinch. “-Traps. Lots and lots of deadly traps.”

Zaire teleported with a flash of red atop a small rock, twirling the cruelly barbed bolt between his fingertips. “But that’s the not the most dangerous thing here, not by a long shot!” He hovered the bolt above his hand, red symbols dancing around it. “I will be with you of course. Watching and waiting.” With a click of his fingers the bolt was reduced to nothing but a fine dust. “Don’t disappoint me now.”

The contestants could feel The Redeemer’s magic loosen its grip upon their bodies, but not before being whisked away to a random place in this ‘Garden’ they found themselves in.

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Fatal Conflict (GBS2G7) (Round 4: The Huntsman's Garden) - by Lankie - 09-02-2013, 07:31 PM
[No subject] - by Dragon Fogel - 11-04-2012, 01:35 AM