Group Buys: Dirty Capitalist Pig General

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today I decided to buy my good friend Sanzh a gift. While checking competing prices on what I decided to buy him I was met with a terrible conundrum. Shipping is really expensive and I wasn't going to get a discount. Clearly there is only one way to solve this, and that is to attempt to rope everyone else I can into buying something from the same place. A few people agreed that maybe it'd be good to at least attempt something like this.

So, here you have it. A thread for nickel and diming companies and possibly getting amazing deals that will make you die from the absolute amazingness that are inherent in great deals. I'll throw things up in the OP if anyone else has any ideas for things that should be bought below.

So, uh, episode one: Motherfucking Serbian Jackets and Miscellaneous Military Surplus.

Hessen Antique is a particularly good place to do group buys from. Any order over $100 gets free shipping, and I can see about wrangling up a 10% or 30% discount from them if I can. The best part of this particular buy is that we'd conceivably only need three people to actually get jackets. I'm down for two, one for myself, and one for Sanzh. One of my friends will jump on and get the third. So long as the total order adds up to over $100 we'll be good to go, so don't be afraid to branch out and get anything that catches your eye on their store.

As for the actual jackets, they're quite nice! Definitely a jacket for anyone who likes having pockets in places they never even considered possible. They're of course not entirely fancy dress wear, but they get the job done when it's less than 75 degrees out. It shouldn't have to be noted how incredibly operator they are.

There are a few finer points in them, especially since so many were made by several different manufacturers during the wars in the Balkans. It basically boils down to you receiving one of two models, the M89 and M93 respectively. The M89 has zipper pockets on the chest instead of pockets with flaps, and the camouflage tends to have more of a brown base. The M93 is more or less the one pictured. I can't guarantee what everyone would get, but it should be a fun surprise since no two are alike.

As for sizes: They have everything from small to extra larges. The page linked above isn't all of the selection, as for some reason they've made separate listings for anything under a large. The sizes in the jackets range from 1 to 12. This makes absolutely no sense, but from experience an 11 will fit someone with a 46" chest, and that's what the extra larges tend to be.

Also for the sake of letting everyone know just what they're getting, here's two hastily taken camera phone photos of the M89 jacket I own.

A view of the front.

A view of the inside.

Let's run this shit into the ground.

Messages In This Thread
Group Buys: Dirty Capitalist Pig General - by Stovie - 07-30-2013, 03:30 AM