We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
(07-19-2013, 07:20 PM)Jacquerel Wrote: »The legacy mechanic is also just a gimmick that never really amoumts to anything, only a handful of traits have significant gameplay impact and one of those does this through saying "For the love of god don't play this one"

Oh right I should talk about this

Most of your criticism I agree with, but I take exception to this. Gameplay-wise, yes, it's mostly a gimmick, but it (combined with the upgrade system) is a really good example of game elements underscoring plot elements. When you finally reach the end and SPOILERS SPOILERS HORRIFYING AMOUNTS OF SPOILERS, it's a lot more meaningful from the sense that each run was a different individual, taking up their father's or mother's or uncle's sword to continue the task the family has assigned to themselves.

Also worth noting is that I think the spells are mostly Castlevania references for a reason; the level design, and in particular the way enemy attack patterns combine, is phenomenal in my opinion, and especially on New Game+ the strategy can be pretty deep.

Messages In This Thread
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories. - by MaxieSatan - 07-20-2013, 05:57 AM