This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff

This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
(deleted original post; got caught up editing and forgot it was posted in the first place)

(06-26-2013, 04:14 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »All I've been told by lots of people that if I encounter a cop/cops who tell(s) me to raise my hands in the air, that I should only state my name, my occupation and my age. Then say nothing more.
(I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. It is only relevant in the U.S.; other jurisdictions recognize different rights and use different protocols.)

You shouldn’t volunteer anything except that which you are legally obligated (name, ID, anything else that brochure says) and something along the lines of “I will remain silent. I’d like to talk to a lawyer.” Ideally, as calm and attitude-free as possible, and you will probably have to say it more than once unless the cop is miraculously bad at getting criminals to crack under the pressure. You see, they’ll just keep asking questions and making statements, and since they are questions serious enough to be related to the arrest, it’s almost impossible for most people to resist the urge to answer.

The previous two posts contain all other information I was going to say, and more expertly to boot.
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea

Messages In This Thread
[SERIOus] - by g0m - 04-17-2012, 03:06 AM
can you form a cohesive thought? - by Norivia - 09-01-2012, 01:32 AM
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff - by BRPXQZME - 06-27-2013, 01:48 AM
a52's Ear Infection Adventure - by a52 - 10-06-2016, 12:48 AM
Goodbye - by Reyweld - 04-11-2020, 04:41 AM