"Seriously brain, what the hell?" A Thread For Weird Dreams and Nightmares

"Seriously brain, what the hell?" A Thread For Weird Dreams and Nightmares
RE: "Seriously brain, what the hell?" A Thread For Weird Dreams and Nightmares
I had a strange dream last night, or rather series of dreams, because I woke up several times, rolled over, went back to sleep, and continued them, so it was sort of like chapters.

It started when a family friend’s daughter (teenager) came to live with us. We lived in some sort of treehouse…thing. Imagine a treehouse below the roots of bottom of Yggdrasil. We walked over a lot of bridge-like branching routes to get back to my home.

She gave me a video tape thing with a lot of horror stories, with a little booklet telling me how scary they were, ranging from not very to “Tingles Before You Go To Bed” to very much so. We watched one of the lukewarm ones, but I can’t remember which one.

Chapter One, a prologue of sorts, ended there as I woke up with an extremely strong desire to hug someone. Of course, there was no one there, so I had to settle for my blanket.

Chapter Two begins as I roll over and go back to sleep. We were at school. She was being bullied for some reason involving one of the movies we’d watched. I remember a lot of generic cheerleaders wearing red clothing surrounding her, making generic disparaging comments. Facebook posts were on the wall. There were a bunch of people wearing green on the other side of the hall. I found myself wandering into the nurse’s office at some point, and I saw her being carried out, crying, on a stretcher. End of Chapter Two.

Chapter Three. I pull out the tape again, wanting to watch one of the scarier movies. It was called “Francefrenchchina.com” and featured the family friend’s daughter, now gone insane, being granted the ability to make anyone she wanted dead by an apparently well-meaning friend. I recall her turning into something like a witch out of Madoka. The website never came up. I woke up for a little from that dream, but it was raining outside IRL so I was able to get back to sleep easily. End of Chapter Three.

Chapter Four. My dad brings me and my brother down to watch another selection from the scary end of the movies. I do not recall the name. This time we are trapped inside a series of horror-themed rooms with matching boss-like enemies, such as a monstrous devouring earthworm in a house that was pulled down into a sinkhole, or a bloodstained kitchen with several cannibal chefs. I do not recall how we moved forward to the next room after defeating a bos, but there was always a door back to the previous one present in the next, and the bosses would not chase us between rooms. When we were facing the cannibal chefs, I had us go back to the previous room so I could find a “Bench” and make us some weapons.

Then I woke up.

It was a little surreal.
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Seriously brain, what the hell?" A Thread For Weird Dreams and Nightmares - by Pick Yer Poison - 06-23-2013, 09:43 PM