Tropefia - A PYP - N5: Downed Guy (11/24) (need replacement)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tropefia - A PYP - N5: Downed Guy (11/24) (need replacement)
RE: Tropefia - A PYP - D3: Dead Walrus (19/24) - You can talk again
(06-06-2013, 06:53 AM)myw Wrote: »MrGuy- I'm trying to make sure everyone's at least pretty sure I'm town. It's a pretty good reason, and like I said I think I have a pretty solid external argument for it, so why not? I don't really think proclaiming my own innocence is any less productive than trying to put lurklaw in place.

I appreciate that, to some extent, but the sheer amount of words going into "here is why I am not scum" - especially ignoring WIFOM bullshit entirely - is kind of suspect.

(06-06-2013, 06:53 AM)myw Wrote: »If I'm scum bulletproof, then one of two things must have happened.
1) Scum killed nobody
or
2) Vigilante didn't do anything, Vampire is scum flavor killer and for some reason killed the second most voted for person from the previous day.

the first one is counter productive to scum goals, and the second is... just kinda nonsensical.

This seems a bit strange because you're claiming bulletproof and at the same time being all "scum wouldn't have killed nobody! That's COUNTERPRODUCTIVE," completely ignoring the possibility of a doctor, town roleblocker (as Red mentioned), some other town power role that's capable of stopping a kill some way or another, or various third-party bullshit. Not to mention that the scenario in which scum went for you but were blocked (which I guess is what you're implying happened?) to me just raises the question "if you were scum, wouldn't this whole charade be a great way to 'prove' innocence, since the scum 'obviously' targeted you?"

(06-06-2013, 06:53 AM)myw Wrote: »So, yes, bodyguard still a terrible scum claim. Shocking how it hasn't actually been counterclaimed, huh? Specially since it would be the easiest thing to test. Guess it's because I have the role. No, because the role is like stump and bodyguard, so myw thought it would be a good idea to gamble on it?

Why the fuck are you saying "why would scum be so stupid as to claim this," why would you ever do this, it just instinctively pushes me towards "reverse psychology scum" and then inevitable WIFOM

Also here's one I just realized weirds me out:
myw Wrote:If I'm scum, and there's a town bulletproof, I woulda been called out already.

If I'm scum and there is no town bulletproof, then i'm just so incredibly ballsy that I'll declare myself a role when there are like 18 people left.

^ It would not make any sense for me to risk outing myself, due to the above pieces of information.

Admittedly this one might just be my lack of familiarity with mafia strategy, but... if somebody counterclaimed, wouldn't it defeat the purpose of being a bulletproof? It'd essentially be their word against yours, and the mafia wouldn't bother to shoot them, which means they wouldn't waste a nightkill.

Still would prefer not to vote until votals are ready but I am definitely inclined to deadline vote: myw

Other stuff: I have no idea what yd12k meant by that last post, still annoyed at lurkers, don't fully understand why Scoffles voted Kiven a while back (he said she was fishing, which I get to some extent sorta? but it seemed fairly innocuous to me)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tropefia - A PYP - D3: Dead Walrus (19/24) - You can talk again - by MaxieSatan - 06-06-2013, 01:22 PM