We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
Re: SP / DS
The best is kind of a subjective thing so it kind of depends on what you want in the first place. I don’t have a whole lot to say about the sound in comparing the various Nintendo systems, since I tend to get listener-fatigued after a few hours no matter what. But on graphics, I do like the SP a bit better, since the screen is at the resolution for GBA titles. (I never really liked the DS form factor, so there is that?)

GB and GBC games look best to me on the GBC because the screen size didn’t change in that time, and the screens got progressively better; of course, there is some sort of argument for back/frontlit systems in there, but I never got to play with one.

For any system afterwards, everything since the GBA has supported a pretty nice color range, but the screen sizes changed (the scaling can be bothersome) and the color reproduction varied a bit (which influenced many developers to pick their colors based on whatever system was in vogue at the time). Older GBA titles were calibrated for the original, with no lighting. Newer GBA titles were mostly calibrated for the SP (though I know FFTA has options intended for displaying on either... probably some other games, too).

While it is good to have such options, none of these minor details is a dealbreaker as far as I’ve seen. Which isn’t a whole lot; I only ever got to mooch other people’s systems.

Re: bbqwich
An excellent suggestion. It was delicious.
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea

Messages In This Thread