Crazy Idea: Let's start up a group project!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy Idea: Let's start up a group project!
Re: Crazy Idea: Let's start up a group project!
Not ten minutes ago - well, ten minutes before I started writing this post, at least - I thought of a system of sorts for an RPG (though I imagine it could be modified to fit some other game variant; RPG is just how it turned out in my head).

The idea is that the main characters (let's call 'em Regulars), over the course of their travels, acquire groupies of sorts (Lurkers) that tag along with the party but don't actively participate in battle.

Lurkers can be assigned to Regulars to grant bonuses in the form of stat boosts, passive weapon effects, extra abilities, and the like. Equipped Lurkers can level up and gain larger bonuses, but leech part of their Regular's experience to do so. This is how you gain more party members.

After attaining a certain level, Lurkers become Regulars. They can still be equipped as Lurkers to grant passive bonuses, and will still leech experience from their assigned Regular when equipped (which could be important if players outside the battle party don't otherwise level up), but they can also be used as primary combatants if so desired.

(The rudimentary idea was that Schazer had XX equipped and gained a passive lifedrain effect - but then I still wanted XX to be playable.)

Messages In This Thread
Re: Crazy Idea: Let's start up a group project! - by Not The Author - 07-15-2011, 03:03 AM