The Fatal Conflict (GBS2G7) (Round 4: The Huntsman's Garden)

The Fatal Conflict (GBS2G7) (Round 4: The Huntsman's Garden)
Re: The Fatal Conflict (GBS2G7) (Round 2: Robo City!)
Originally posted on MSPA by Solaris.

The sky was dark. Lightning, Rain, and Thunder raged in the background, but Luron didn’t care. Nor did the Madman who had caused all of his recent suffering. Staring, waiting for the other to make a move, the two warriors stood. Luron had fought bravely, but even with his gifts, it was futile. It always was. After perishing and entering the afterlife, Luron learned the truth. He was never meant to succeed, only inspire. He would take solace in learning that his death and the death of his friends would inspire others to rise up and finally defeat the Madman. Not the best destiny, but it was his.

In the afterlife, he searched. Wandering through the mirrored shadows of his land, the same caves and oceans he and his allies had crossed to fight the Madman, he searched. He searched for the nameless archer, his best friend, and the one who had taken his heart. But he never found them.

But he found something else. Only minutes before his abduction by The Redeemer, Luron Timerius finally found a clue to her. To Sylph. A letter.

And now, as he walked through the facility, ignoring the protests of ghost behind him, Luron thought back to the letter, and his allies, and he thought of what they would think, how they would react to his mission to destroy the core of the city. They wouldn’t believe it.
But... that was a long time ago.
Now, he had a second chance. And he was going to do everything he could to live.

Closing his eyes once more Luron thought.
It once was that I could only see these epiphanies when I was in danger, without warning. But something changed. That Madman did something to me during our battle. He stopped me from being able to see, giving him exactly the chance he needed to kill me. But now, not only has it subsided, but it seems more powerful than ever. If I focus...

The corridor goes on.
Door after door, without purpose. Unimportant.
A pause. A door stands out above the others.
It opens, revealing a multitude of weapons and transportation.
Someone laughs.

Opening his eyes and smirking, Luron walks onward. He was ready to do anything he could to survive.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Fatal Conflict (GBS2G7) (Round 2: Robo City!) - by Solaris - 07-06-2011, 01:48 AM
[No subject] - by Dragon Fogel - 11-04-2012, 01:35 AM