The Fatal Conflict (GBS2G7) (Round 4: The Huntsman's Garden)

The Fatal Conflict (GBS2G7) (Round 4: The Huntsman's Garden)
Re: The Fatal Conflict! (GBS2G7) (Round 2: Robo City!)
Originally posted on MSPA by Ixcalibur.

The elevator doors opened again and Kaja strolled out. He reached back to his apparatus and clicked it into what he informally referred to as battle mode. This mode brewed things quicker than normal, but less efficiently. It also had the effect of, if he left it on for too long, causing him to feel physically drained. In short it was good for only short bursts of activity, though it annoying required a couple of minutes to warm up before he could brew anything. Behind him Zach and Zom floated and lurched respectively out of the elevator.
“We appear to be at something of an impasse.” Kaja said. “Robots up there, robots out there. In fact there are robots in here as well.” He looked down at the tiny maintenance robot that was whizzing around in circles.
“That’s Simphonia.” Luron explained. “The music ghost.”
“Hmmm, interesting.” Kaja responded. “Simphonia? Do you think that you could take control of one of the larger robots; the actual dangerous ones?” The robot continued whizzing around seemingly completely oblivious to Kaja’s inquiry. “Can she hear me?” He asked.
“I think so. She's just like that.” Luron said. “And before you ask, you can count me out.”
“Of what?” Kaja asked. “Oh… Zaire.” He paused. “You don’t want to kill him for bringing you here against your will, conscripting you into this pointless tournament?”
“Perhaps…” Luron said contemplatively. “On the other hand before I was brought here I was dead, but now I have a chance to live again. Going up against The Redeemer is suicide.”
“Not if we all work together.” Kaja said. “Zachs, are you in?” He turned to look at them, they looked away sheepishly. “You’re not in?”
“Luron is right.” Zach said. “We can’t fight Zaire. We aren’t strong enough.”
“Then what do you intend to do?” Kaja asked, bitterly. “Run and hide? Hope to survive the battle through cowardice? Well I guess hypothetically none of us really seem inclined to kill one another. Perhaps you could wait it out, at least until Zaire gets bored, summons another meteorite, or something worse.” Kaja paused. “I don’t like it any more than any of you do, but at the moment it is kill, or be killed. The good thing is that we can choose who we want to kill. Are you guys in or out?”

SpoilerShow

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Fatal Conflict! (GBS2G7) (Round 2: Robo City!) - by Ixcaliber - 05-31-2011, 06:52 PM
[No subject] - by Dragon Fogel - 11-04-2012, 01:35 AM