Grand Battle S3G1! (Round Four: City of the Dead)

Grand Battle S3G1! (Round Four: City of the Dead)
Re: Grand Battle S3G1! (Round Two: The Great Battlefield)
Originally posted on MSPA by Solaris.

"So, what you are saying, is that you’re not from any country?"
"That is correct, I come from somewhere far, far away, I was brought here for cruel reasons against my will, like you I am fighting for my freedom in a battle that I did not start."
"That's a lot to take in, so..."
"So... I was informed some things about your technology... your guns, they convert people that they shoot? Then why didn't you shoot me?"
The soldier went silent... he tilted his head back, closed his eyes, and looked back at Velobo "Well... that's a long story..."

----------------

The 52nd Green Army Regiment, consisting of 20 infantry units, 10 heavy weapon soldiers, and their Squad Leader, Roy Charles Madison were currently in a dangerous predicament. Sent on a simple night reconnaissance mission, the squad split up in the forest, hoping to cover the most ground. It was dark, but manageable. It would just be a quick search and return, done perfectly thousands of times. This was not one of those times. A smaller group of yellow soldiers spotted the split marching groups and devised a plan. Cutting in between the two groups, they attracted the attention of both groups, and then ducked. The result was the loss of three soldiers, including their Squad Leader, and Tex's best friend. The yellow soldiers shot out at a few, and quickly retreated, content with the damage done. Tex kneeled next to Roy, and comforted him in his last moments. Roy was sent back home and Richard Genson was made the new Squad Leader. But that night, and the death that it brought, would never leave the mind of any of the soldiers.

----------------

"I am sorry for your loss."
There was a silence between the two, as the rest of the Regiment continues their duties as normal. Finally, Tex stood up and asked Velobo, "What are you going to do now?"
Velobo thought for a moment, This is just horrible, if you don’t die at the hands of your own country you fight forever. This entire thing is just repugnant. They say they fight for their country, but what if they are converted? This is a sham. Another cosmic game I’ve been entered into. No.
"No", The Plazmuth stood up with his exclamation.
"No, what?"
"No more fighting, no death, no conversion. This war will end."
"Really now? This has been going on for as long as I can remember. As long as any of us can. What makes you think that you can end it?" Tex asked in a defiant tone.
"I don’t think I can. I will. I have only been alive for a few hours now, but I have seen enough death and destruction to last a lifetime. I will not let this, yet another atrocity stand. "
"Bu-", Tex’s inquiry was cut off by a shouting infantry who was scouting the terrain below the hill.
The soldier informed the party of a yellow army artillery that was approaching over on the horizon.
"Well, we’ll just get three mechs an-"
"No. I will go." Without another word, the cuboid ran down the hill to meet the yellow soldiers.

Squad Leader Richard Genson was caught in a predicament. He could follow the orders of this alien cube, or do what logic and all of his training told him to do. Could he really trust this Calidad fellow? In the end, he went with what all good leaders go with, his gut. "Alright Soldiers, we'll give the cube a chance, but if he can't stop that yellow artillery, we can't let let ourselves get caught off guard." Without another word, the regiment began to reenforce their defenses.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Grand Battle S3G1! (Round Two: The Great Battlefield) - by Solaris - 06-02-2011, 01:00 AM