The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]

The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 6:Doomish Temple!]
Originally posted on MSPA by SleepingOrange.

Show Content

Konka Rar did his best to emote a narrowing of his eyes; it was much easier to discern on his cybernetic eye, but the effect was still subtle. Luckily, the exasperated and condescending tone of his voice made his mood and feelings clear: "What in the seven hells are you talking about?"

i am not certain

vyrmns methods of communication are difficult to translate into words at the best of times and the concepts she is trying to express right now are a bit

muddled

i believe______

The writing implement dragged itself across the floor for a few moments, effecting an air of contemplation and turning words over.

i believe that she has encountered something that she thinks is somehow indelibly linked to the temple and the magic it houses

a creature whose very nature is that of an ambulatory extension of this place itself

a reasonable analogy may be to liken it to myself in much the way that any given object i inhabit is not connected to any other part of me but is still under my control

there are a few flaws in this analogy though

perhaps a more accurate one and one you might be more likely to understand is that of an elemental

the very fabric of the elemental planes coalesces into semisentient beings that carry out its will or work to maintain it and the like

in fact the more i think about it the more apt this metaphor becomes

as you doubtless know an elemental can be summoned from its native plane and made to follow orders of a mage of significant power

the way vyrmn describes the behavior and temperament of these beings indicates to me the likelihood that they are being controlled or coerced into behaving in ways that is contrary to their own nature or goals

"On the one hand, the patronizing metaphor was far more information than I actually cared about, but... I am certainly curious how you know about summoning and elemental planes and the nature of their inhabitants. You don't look like something particularly well-educated, especially in the arcane arts, and I've never seen you show signs of magical abilities. For all that I've been aware of your existence all of an hour, at least."

i am in turn surprised that you are apparently unaware of my nature

i suppose your universe lacks schrotgolems then

we are created as the byproduct of copious magical energy in a single area over long periods of time and are therefore composed of arcane essences

by our very nature we instinctively know some of the workings of arcane practice although most of us lack the self-awareness or interest to articulate it

it is theorized-

The lich raised a hand as Gestalt prepared to launch into an explanation; loathe to admit any ignorance or weakness, he bit back the "I had always assumed you were a ghost" that floated into his mind and settled for simply shifting his weight and clicking his teeth in a thoughtful manner. Vyrm'n, for her part, hadn't ben paying much or perhaps any attention to the conversation, especially its written half; she was shifting awkwardly in her columnar form, stars slowly drifting across the nightscape of her skin. Gestalt turned his attention to her, intending on bringing her into the tenuous alliance he hoped he had formed with Konnka Rar; as he did, a loud shout rang out from one of the corridors. It was difficult to glean through the distortion and echo, but it sounded like Maxwell yelling for the lich.

As soon as she recognized it as Maxwell's voice, the faceless was off, a streamlined bolt of darkness swooping through the labyrinthine tunnels. Gestalt sighed internally and began trundling after her, scrawling a quick shall we on the floor as he went. Konka Rar grudgingly followed; as they proceeded towards the source of the noise, the lich threatened to outpace the schrotgolem. It raised a tattered glove, fingers folded save for the index; the meaning was clear: Gestalt wanted the mage to stay behind it.

Konka Rar huffed slightly, trying to figure out why. He supposed (correctly) that since the golem had powers over objects, it might be scouting ahead of them for the presence of the traps and other hazards that this grandmaster had warned of. His clicking skeletal feet slowed, and the pair worked steadily towards Maxwell and ostensibly Clara; Vyrm'n would doubtless arrive a bit before they did, but even with its focus spread out ahead of them, Gestalt kept its pace fairly swift.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by btp - 10-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Sruixan - 10-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Schazer - 10-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 6:Doomish Temple!] - by SleepingOrange - 08-19-2010, 03:36 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!] - by GBCE - 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM