The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]

The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 6:Doomish Temple!]
Originally posted on MSPA by Sruixan.

oh dear right that’s vyrm’n oh fuck this was bound to happen wasn’t it oh shit oh shit shit shit Galus you fool of course you were the only bugger who was going to get himself killed weren’t you fuck combine that trigger-finger of yours with a wanderlust and a dash of pure stubbornness oh my that was only ever going to end in tears actually fuck why oh why did you wander off damn I didn’t tell him why didn’t I tell him I thought he wouldn’t understand he wouldn’t comprehend how much danger he’d put himself in brush it aside with a simple gesture a cute little comment about the state of the other undead and how they cause no harm fuck no I knew he’d leave regardless he was a fighter and the prospect of a whole armoury fuck what if I’d told him could he possibly still be here breathing heart beating no no no don’t think about that shit no just because I didn’t tell him didn’t mean he’d have lived no no no damn it I will NOT accept responsibility for another death I did NOT kill him wait fuck I didn’t kill Samuel either what was I thinking no I didn’t bloody kill him either that was an accident I am not to blame honest

oh Galus I wonder how you died it was what ten minutes only ten fucking minutes so you might not have reached the theatre especially if you had to drag that bleedin’ skeleton along with you but no fuck you would have gotten to the weaponry I bet shit it was down a dead end that was always going to be fun I mean so what if there were weapons there you were going to bloody well need them to get out once you’d gambolled in there like a fucking fool damn it you didn’t think that far ahead of course you didn’t think that far ahead you were as good a tactician as a fucking horsefly oh hang ten minutes fuck Samuel could have lurched out of his tomb and down the concourse the bloody bastard could have couldn’t he fuck no why am I trying to figure out how you died I’d like to keep the contents of my stomach safely within the confines of my corporeal body oh shit yes dammit I’m the last human fuck I am as well those other two stragglers don’t count shit

where am I now no screw that that’s a stupid question everybody asks that bloody question it’s like what time is it or what’s for tea actually that’s a point what time is it how long has it been since this clusterfuck began I have no fucking clue dammit oh and I didn’t get my cuppa bugger the only place I’m ever likely to get a nice soothing beverage and I go and bloody forget about it stupid stupid stupid why am I scolding myself for not getting tea in a life and death situation that’s fucking crazy oh my I am crazy aren’t I no let’s be frank what’s one up from crazy because I sure as hell am that shit I’m more like several dozen rungs up the crazy ladder from just plain and simple crazy and it is only mildly disconcerting yep my head’s not screwed on straight anymore oh shit

doomish temple oh for fuck’s sake observer try to be more original well actually that name is totally unique because it’s so contrived no-one in their right mind would possibly consider it mind you if he has to come up with a name for it does that not mean that this place does not have a name I mean it’s a temple a place of worship of course it needs a name why would it not have a name why why why I am thinking about that more pressing concerns right now like how am I going to survive I’m fucking doomed aren’t I the last meatbag is gonna snuff it no Vyrm’n can she help where where she’s buggered off why the fuck has she left she should be relieved to see me fuck no wait if she doesn’t want to go anywhere near me she must be in a very bad mood shit yes I have absolutely no idea what she did last round for all I know she could have gotten screwed over manifold damn yes that’s true face it fuck what are the chances no damn don’t think objectively about that it’ll only screw you over too late 1/3 and that’s back to basics not counting the fact you’d lose a fight to a sardine tin let alone the two monstrosities you face here plus one shit Konka Rar you bastard what are you doing here shit

hang on hang on hang on hang on light why the fuck is there light I can see my hand in front of my face oh shit I’m biting my nails again I thought I’d kicked that stupid habit shit no rewind light where there are no torches I can’t see any torches ambient light I see no sources looks like the tunnels go on for a while even light would have difficulty with them no how the heck is there light I will not accept “there just is” as an answer why why not come on battle to the death and you’re worried about the ambience of the arena Maxwell you imbecile stupid stupid stupid no wait actually hang on that’s a point tunnels eight tunnels eight of the buggers what’s so special about eight religious connotations perhaps are there any religions with eight as their sacred number oh no no no no no no there’s another reason no no no coincidence has to be coincidence it isn’t anything but of course it isn’t come on be rational it’s a fleeting chance incarnate

let’s see stone building materials brown it’s all brown no paint no pigmentation so not too advanced a civilisation what type of rock it’s brown that’s about it too hard for clays could be sandstone feels nice and solid if I tap it with my foot tap tap tap oh yeah that feels good for some reason oh fuck someone’s carved an octagon onto the floor shit no don’t think of it like that Maxwell don’t extrapolate that sacred number eight sacred shape octagon it makes perfect sense no worries it’s totally not indicative of a very disturbing idea in any way shape or form oh fuck shut up think about other things like damn yes look the floor it’s a solid block yes wow some craftsmanship at least fuck wait the walls no joints no seams no grooves big chamber huge octagonal chamber with no seams what the fuck they carved this out underground those are literal tunnels we’re in bedrock here that makes sense but a society that can tunnel this effectively would be pretty advanced why not make your temple above ground you morons why where’s the entrance what no exit get it right you’re gonna exit the building yeah you’re going to flee flawlessly like a coward again fuck no no no no dammit Konka Rar you were bloody right as well I’m a quivering wreck and that’s why Galus is dead shit no damn it you did not kill him no way back to the matter at hand please

booby traps implies treasure something worth protecting sacred idol icon item etcetera
so what why does that resonate the lich what’s he looking at that’s it he’s not moving he’s standing there staring at a wall it’s a pretty uninteresting wall really so why he’s squinting oh fuck of course that eye of his bionic augmentation I bet you there’s something in that eye of his what are you looking at is it revealing something about that wall is there something underneath that’s troubling him no solid rock cold hard rock nothing underneath hmm chalk that up under “mysteries” like the lights why is there ambient light underground what’s causing that I want to know I crave that answer I desire it for some ineffable and totally ridiculous reason I have yet to put a label to bar my own curiosity stupid me

find out I should find out I’m not going to find it out in here it’s pretty dull but awkwardly important of course it always is the small unsuspecting thing that’s totally not suspicious in any way shape or form the details the tiny little details and how they are pinholes in the curtain that let you see the bigger picture beyond hand in front of your face indeed now where choice of eight corridors make that seven Vyrm’n’s down one of them no confrontations please please please pick at random that one

very narrow very narrow why so narrow if you have a congregation you could not fit it through here too narrow must be special for priests only or something seems fair enough I suppose frivolity underground is a little silly too wide and it’ll collapse completely wait shit who’s following me oh it’s Clara she’s alright head’s firmly glued on she could be a good sounding board ooooh that’s clever yes it’s getting awfully cramped in here voice those concerns however silly they might be after all lack of communication got Galus killed fuck no not this again

The contorted expression this last thought produced seemed to trigger a response from the nun, presumably in concern for his wellbeing.

"What's on your mind, dear?"

All Maxwell could do was stare at her. How best to describe his every whim, his every little trouble and nagging annoyance. A window onto his world. What could he say?

Nothing much.

"Oh, I just... had a thought."

His new companion could obviously tell that those few words did not encompass his true mindset, but it seemed rude to probe deeper. As the genius began to stride forth once more, she sighed and followed behind.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by btp - 10-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Sruixan - 10-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Schazer - 10-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 6:Doomish Temple!] - by Sruixan - 07-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!] - by GBCE - 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM