The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]

The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 3: Escheresque!]
Originally posted on MSPA by SleepingOrange.

The pencil tapped slowly on the stone. Clearly some thought was going on in whatever passed for the amalgam's mind.

i have what i feel are understandable reservations

Samuel grinned inwardly, face impassive. He finally had the golem where he wanted it.

"We both know I'm powerless against you. I can understand some hesitation, but if you give it serious thought, you'll realize this is nothing but a good deal for both of us."

There was near-silence and stillness for a few beats. Only the sound of a few unfamiliar voices floated across the surreal landscape as Samuel stared into the unseeing eyes of the puppet. Eventually, a small hand was proffered; Samuel took it, smiling, and the world disappeared.

---

It wasn't black, but black is a helpful concept here. There wasn't space so much as the idea of space. Samuel felt like he was still standing insofar as he felt anything; across from him was a vaguely round shape hovering at about head height. He knew instinctively it was Gestalt.

"You understand that this is difficult for me; I don't typically interface with truly living things. I've taken the precaution of doing a full meld, at least at first; our consciousnesses are directly linked, giving us the opportunity to communicate easily and without interference for as long as we want." There was a short pause before the toneless, androgynous voice continued. "Ordinarily this period would be over in a matter of microseconds, which would be more than long enough to discuss more than you and I would ever have to say to each other, but we're limited by the sluggish speed of your neurons. Our bodies will be incapacitated for the time being, but even given your biological limitations this should only last moments."

Samuel hesitated.
"This isn't quite what I imagined this would be like. I don't... I don't know, I don't feel you."

"I have yet to link us like that." The shape seemed to move closer to Samuel. "When you are ready, imagine reaching out to touch me, and the link will be complete." Another pause. "I think you misunderstood my earlier hesitation. I'm not entirely sure what the results of this experiment will be; with minds like mine, the connection is easily created or severed with no lingering effects, but... This is unusual. Be careful, and concentrate on maintaining yourself."

Show Content

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by btp - 10-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Sruixan - 10-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Schazer - 10-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 3: Escheresque!] - by SleepingOrange - 11-16-2009, 09:17 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!] - by GBCE - 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM