The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]

The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 3: Escheresque!]
Originally posted on MSPA by bobthepen.

Silently, the Karmist followed the dancing puppet as it meandered through the twisting corridors of this disorienting realm.

Fortune favored Samuel at the start of the round. He had worried about locating the schrotgolem upon entering this new world. Unlike the other contestants, whatever life Gestalt contained was imperceptible to karmic his divinations, and any encounter between the two relied solely on chance. Samuel had planned on taking a full look at the new world as he had done in the garden, but the selective gravity and puzzling architecture of this area were altogether unfamiliar. If not for a brief glance up at the ceiling, Samuel would have never spotted the frolicking marionette walking seemingly upside down in a passageway far above him.

He stumbled at first. From his current viewpoint, no obvious path led to the passageway above. A door stood in front of him, but he hardly liked the idea of wandering aimlessly though an unknown building. A flight of stairs stood affixed to the wall adjacent to the door. Samuel reasoned that he could make it to the top using the railing as a ladder. The Karmist clawed at the wall for a bit, hoping to gain the boost needed to grip the rail just inches out of reach. That plan failing, Samuel attempted to hoist himself up using the doorknob as a step. He did so, but upon leaning forward to reach the railing, his footing gave way and the Karmist fell face down on the brick tiled floor.

It was so damn frustrating. More and more this contest had shown the arrogant Karmist just how feeble he truly was. His plans had been foiled by beings he would dare not confront directly, he had received beatings from commonplace rubbish, even in his encounter with the swordsman he had no real means of attacking and had to dodge his assaults, and now he could not even climb a flight of stairs. Samuel gritted his teeth and slammed his fist into the ground below. This is all wrong. I am nearly a GOD in my own world, DOES THAT MEAN NOTHING HERE? These, these INSECTS should be cowering before me, yet instead they TAUNT me, or worse, TOLERATE me! And now, I am struggling like a CHILD to reach the one semblance of safety in this whole contest!

Samuel paused. He exhaled slowly and proceeded to pick himself up. of course you are. The words echoed within Samuel's mind. you've always relied on siphoning the strengths of others, never able to stand on your own, never able to rule by your own might. at heart you've always lacked the drive to continue, the motive to move forward. you're weak you..

“That is enough!” Samuel shouted aloud. He glared at the stair case above him. With a reckless determination the Karmist ran towards the staircase, placed one foot on the wall in an attempt to run up it, and with a final stretch, placed one foot on the bottom step. He looked about. Samuel had expected to fall back down, having missed grabbing onto the railing, but instead he stood upright, the forces of gravity having inverted to work along the stairs.

The Karmist looked about, confused a bit by the sudden shift in gravity, but the pathway to Gestalt was now opened before him. He continued up the stairs toward the marionette.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by btp - 10-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Sruixan - 10-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Schazer - 10-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 3: Escheresque!] - by btp - 10-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!] - by GBCE - 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM