The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]

The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 3: Escheresque!]
Originally posted on MSPA by Sruixan.

Maxwell had come to the conclusion that he was never going to get used to the switches between worlds. Thankfully, he reasoned, he probably wasn't going to have to put up with many more.

"This wonderful land was inspired by my favourite artist! Up is down, left is right, and perspective is key! If something looks like it should work from one point of view, it probably will! If something seems impossible, it probably also is, but odds are it will work anyway. Try not to get motion sickness! It's rather easy to do so when your sense of reality is warped."

Maxwell almost choked as he digested that announcement, but then immediately reprimanded himself for doing so. But even then, what were the odds? Still, considering that our Observer had a fair bit of power over the universe, the multiverse even...

...and indeed, this battlefield. Strokes on a page had become bricks in a wall, thus making this a pretty good example of the power The Observer held. Still... if you think about it just right...

"That ladder over there, that shouldn't be able to lean up against... ermm, what probably is the floor and that surface there, possibly the ceiling. It shouldn't be able to. But it is able to. So why bother attempting to tell myself anything otherwise? I mean... if I was to go up to that ladder and tell it that it shouldn't be able to do that, it wouldn't actually change anything - it would just make me look like some weirdo that talks to inanimate objects- oh..."

Maxwell shut himself up and, now that he was adjusted to the new environ, the most pressing issue on the agenda, searched his memory for the next biggest issue...

Ah. Vyrm'n. Where the hell was it and was it alright... it. How... distasteful. He was going to have to stop calling the Faceless it. It had a personality for goodness sake! A few moments later, Maxwell reached the conclusion that Vyrm'n was most like a she. The mood swings, the complete and utter impossibility of understanding... he chuckled slightly, discarded the last few seconds and motioned towards the ladder that he hoped went up. Well, hang on, there was no up... well, close enough to up then...

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by btp - 10-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Sruixan - 10-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Schazer - 10-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 3: Escheresque!] - by Sruixan - 10-19-2009, 11:57 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!] - by GBCE - 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM