The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]

The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 2: Destructo World!]
Originally posted on MSPA by bobthepen.

Show Content
This is going nowhere. Samuel thought; however, he could not bring himself to flee, or ignore the creature in any way for that matter. Here was the one being among all the contestants Samuel understood the least. He could not sense it.

As much as Samuel liked to delude himself, apart from his Karmic manipulation, he was just a man, and before the schrotgolem, Samuel had no real defenses. The Karmist found himself hiding behind a shield of sarcasm, a pathetic defense, and an even worse disguise. The schrotgolem saw exactly what Samuel would not allow himself to know, the Karmist was frightened. He sensed, though, that death had begun to move. One of the contestants here had cheated death too many times, and their Karma would not allow it to happen again. All Samuel needed to do, to ensure his safety for the remainder of the round, was to continue his dialogue with the schrotgolem. Though he had best not irritate it.

"Hmph," the Karmist retorted, "That's hardly what I meant. You know punctuation, but you do not know about it. There are nuances to the idea beyond just the symbols."

The blobs of ketchup splotched around, forming Gestalt's response.
i am aware of that there is no need to waste effort on your semantics

The Karmist shook his head; faint threads of thought began to weave together a pattern in his mind, forming an idea that perhaps he could produce more from this conversation than a simple distraction. "Predictable of rubbish. Content to roll about in filth when true riches stand just within reach. Tell me, Gestalt, was it? Do you value your existence?"

A plastic fork shot out from the box and grazed Samuel's cheek. A trickle of blood slid down the side of the Karmist's face as the red letters reshaped themselves.

i can ask you the same

Samuel raised his hands up, palms open. "Now, now, I did not mean that as a threat. Merely as a question of curiosity. I for one can not tell if you are alive or dead. It may be that you lack both of those qualities. I simply wonder if your existence, whatever it is, is important to you." The pattern of thought in the Karmist's continued to grow. Detail adding to the whole idea as the conversation developed, yet the initial concept remained the same.

The puddles of ketchup remained still for a moment. The schrotgolem was either thinking, or needed to focus on something more pressing at the moment.

yes, The words finally appeared. what reason do you have to ask

Samuel grinned. "Presently, the existence of one of our fellow contestants is soon to end. I can only assume this means the round will end as well, and we will be swept off to another world to repeat this facade of a game until only one of us remains. Tell me, how confident are you, Gestalt, that you will be the one contestant who remains at the end of the massacre?"

The "yes" swirled around itself and elongated, underlining Gestalt's initial query.

what reason do you have to ask

The Karmist crouched and spoke in a low tone. "I think we are more valuable to each other than you realize. Unless you truly believe you can survive this on your own."

i can survive longer than you

The tapestry in the Karmist's mind was complete. It told a tale of power, tragedy, and, most importantly, one where Samuel survived until the end.

"Will you survive longer than the Faceless? Longer than the Sunset? Despite the threat you pose to me, these beings have far more raw power within them than you or I. Yet I was able to make the Sunset my puppet, something you would have a very difficult time accomplishing. I am no fool, Gestalt. I know that you could easily humiliate me, render my powers useless. You proved that much in the garden. If, however, we joined forces, both of us would very likely last to the end of this game, and, in the final round, when only we remain, it should provide you with little challenge to dispose of me, despite my protests. Of course it would be up to you to make sure I did not find a way to gain the advantage between us." Samuel sneered.

Another fork slashed across his face. Blood dripped down and mixed with the ketchup.

you want an alliance

Samuel wiped the blood from his face and leaned towards the schrotgolem.

"I was thinking of something that in addition to aiding both of our survival, would provide you with a world of new things to feel and discover. Something more than punctuation, or even intonation. No not simply an alliance, something far more...intimate."

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by btp - 10-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Sruixan - 10-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Schazer - 10-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 2: Destructo World!] - by btp - 10-18-2009, 08:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!] - by GBCE - 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM