The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]

The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!]
Originally posted on MSPA by Sruixan.

"Right... something's wrong. That golem thing comes along, out of the blue, something says "Yoooooooou..." and then this staring match starts. Neither Vyrm'n or Gestalt can speak, I certainly didn't say anything, so who did? Nobody is in the vicinity... nobody I know of, then. So... some unknown entity I haven't come across as of yet said it... why? Omega..."

Paler than a few minutes ago, it suddenly occured to Maxwell that all was not right with the world - namely, the slight fuzziness in the corner of his eye - the odd splotch with increased sharpness, the ripples on the surface...

2 out of 24 is not a huge amount. What if...

Careful not to disrupt the showdown, Maxwell slunk off, around the crimson facade that had been blocking his view. Pressed against the other side, he let his breathing run riot and allowed his eyes to dart. Was that blob over there another contestant? Was it a wall? Was it a figment of his imagination, or a blemish on the fabric of this world, caused by the innocent crime that Vyrm'n and he had committed? There was a possible sighting of Cabaret, but otherwise there was nothing that stood out from the monochromatic landscape before him.

Something was shouting at Maxwell again. Comprehension was not coming easily today, but... it was shouting for a reason, right?

Hang on... shouting... "You" was Vyrm'n... it had done...

Now the same colour as the unblemished side of the wall, Maxwell took another gander at the scene behind the screen. Yes... the area above Gestalt was slightly more warped than the rest of the landscape...

Those boxes... had an orb, right? So... if the orbs were connected to the garden somehow...

"There's nothing I can do... I can't see it... I can't touch it... it's not going to reveal itself for me, is it? It's Vyrm'n it wants... so what if I gave it the orbs, it could have got them itself just as easily... but the point is... the point..."

Just before the battle, Maxwell had been fencing with Uncle Nick... now the rapier that he'd been taking home was being pulled out of... it wasn't quite a proper rapier belt, since he'd never liked having anything on shoulder, but a few small magnets and a late night with a sowing machine had produced something more akin to a normal belt, a little more cumbersome of course, but decent enough to produce the desired result - a comfortable, thankfully unnoticable holder for a weapon that hadn't ever seen real usage; it was oft more gainfully employed at barbecues, but right now, that wasn't something worth touching upon... well, actually...

Unsheathed, the rapier was put to use - poking Gestalt tentatively. Whilst not perhaps the intended use, it did something useful - that is, prove Maxwell's theory that the contents of the orb had done something to the bunch of boxes. Sure enough, there wasn't much of a response. Maxwell's perception quivered briefly, but the violent retaliation one would expect from the boxes didn't arrive.

Then the shouting started again. This was going to have to stop. Desperately.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by btp - 10-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Sruixan - 10-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Schazer - 10-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!] - by Sruixan - 10-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!] - by GBCE - 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM