The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]

The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!]
Originally posted on MSPA by Sruixan.

Show Content
"I'm not 100% sure what to make of this," muttered Maxwell. "I mean... getting the orbs back, that would be difficult. Mind bogglingly difficult. I mean, it's not like one could go up to Gestalt and ask him to hand the orb over... which other one's miss- got it! It's Nu that's missing as well... the thirteenth letter; oh the irony... but still, hang on? Here's one for you..."

Once again, the notepad was brought out. A few scribbles later and Maxwell had his answer.

"Every symbol here is exactly what it should be to make the full alphabet. The full Greek alphabet. The full alphabet of an ancient civilisation from one planet in one universe - the one that I inhabited. Isn't that odd? But... 'ang on, the chances of these orbs being in the right language for me to comprehend? Nil. Practically, anyway. Unless... I guess if one can pluck someone from a universe where there's such a thing as matter that repells energy, it shouldn't be too difficult to find versions of our universes where everyone would have the same languages, the same sentence structure, the same ancient alphabets... odd, though."

A pause. Maxwell's hat, a trilby (though he'd never call it that if asked...), though often glued to his head, was finally taking the opportunity to slip away unnoticed, but it was not to be and he pushed it back up to reinforce control.

"Why go to the trouble of having these orbs if this is supposed to be a battle? Has the Observer, henceforth, not created this place we're in? Or does he not know this exists? Too many questions; the point is, what do we do? We don't know where the other orb is. If we tried to get everyone to co-operate to solve this... impossible, seriously; Gestalt is likely to attempt to kill anything that moves, Samuel... is weird, um... The Sunset... we still dunno what that energy thing was..."

A page was ripped out of the book - a first for Maxwell. Twenty-four symbols that The Faceless could assume to be those of the orbs, as well as some others which it couldn't quite realise.

"Do you wonder... do you think that these orbs... do you... you know, will this ever be finished? I mean, our appearance here, in this field - we've made things worse. I mean, we haven't moved much, really. The orbs that aren't here must have been nearby. Now we're strewn all other the place, on different planes, even. Chaos, Kaos, whatever one calls it, has come to poke order with a rapier, newspaper, giant robot thingy and a pile of boxes, amongst other things. How... erm..."

What word would go well here? Goodness only knows... but Maxwell realised he was tiring himself out again and soon would undo the affects of his respite. He shut up.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by btp - 10-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Sruixan - 10-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Schazer - 10-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!] - by Sruixan - 10-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!] - by GBCE - 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM