The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]

The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!]
Originally posted on MSPA by bobthepen.

Show Content

In another area of the garden, still untouched by the presence of the contestants, Samuel and The Sunset appeared. The Sunset scorching the land beneath him. Two years ticked off The Sunset's gauge.

"I..I cannot believe it worked!" Samuel, grinning, turned to face The Sunset, only to see a large metallic hand swinging down to strike his face. A few birds took flight, disturbed from their perch by the audible thud of metal on flesh. Samuel, sprawled on the soft grass, with his head throbbing, suit torn and mangled, and bruises marring his once charming features, could barely hear the rapid approach massive metal feet over the overbearing ringing in his head.

With his massive hand, The Sunset grabbed Samuel by his suit collar and hoisted him high into the air. Samuel's feet dangled, unable to reach the ground below as the tip of a long well-kept rifle impressed itself upon his neck.

"WHAT DID YOU DO? EXPLAIN." The voice of The Sunset roared at the wounded Karmist.

Samuel, weak and beaten muttered out a response, "You...you are dying." The sniper rifle pressed in harder on Samuel's neck. "I...I can tell this...just by being near you." Samuel swallowed, trying to regain his composure. "I...I use the death of others, to make things happen. That machine, in one way or another, is bound to your death. I only activated the processes that were already set in place, though less efficiently than had you done it yourself, I believe." A low hum began to emanate from the rifle and several components clicked into place. "Wait, wait!" Samuel pleaded, "I have more to say! I.." Samuel cringed. The tip of the rifle began to heat up, placing a small burn on Samuel's neck. The Sunset had clearly had enough of this man, and did not want to risk loosing more time to his antics.

"FAREWELL."

"..I CAN GIVE YOU LIFE!" Samuel yelled, his body shaking.

The humming of the rifle began to subside. Samuel staring into the dark sockets of the machine, could only guess at what thoughts currently raced through its mind.

"In this garden, there are caretakers, twenty-three of them. There had been twenty-four, but, well that's how I got here."

The Sunset remained silent.

"Each caretaker, it seems, " Samuel continued, "maintains one aspect of this garden. One for the ground and grass, one for the larger plant life, one for the birds, another for the small insects, even one for those living walls. I would not know this of course, if not for the knowledge and abilities I obtained from the Theta orb. Samuel pointed to the black mark on his forehead. His duty was the safety of the residents in the garden. I suppose I was lucky in that regard. He sought me out to investigate and, when I killed him, I took that desire to protect and infused it into the monster which presently guards my other body. One could say that..." The Sunset tightened his grip around the hanging Karmist. "Oh yes, how thoughtless of me. Back to the point. There is an orb here who maintains the eternal life this place has. While not immortal from intentionally damaging attacks, with this orb the Labyrinth Field - that's the name of this place, it seems - can live on in harmony forever. Potentially, I could transfer that power into you."

Samuel waited. For several minutes The Sunset stood there, motionless, pondering.

"If you have decided not to kill me for the time being, I would greatly appreciate it if you let me down." The Balancer emitted what sounded almost like a sigh, and released his grip on the Karmist.

With a bit of effort, Samuel picked himself up. He brushed off what debris on his suit he could, and gingerly tapped the sore mark on his neck. It was one of many new inconveniences to the Karmist. His body had been battered and bruised at the schrotgolem's assault, and the beating he took from the Sunset did nothing to alive those pains. For the first time in countless years, the man who had known no equal, had been completely humiliated by a pile of household rubbish in less than a minute. Worse than that, he had experienced an emotion that he had thought he had overcome. Fear. That basic carnal fear of death and suffering still lived within the man for whom death was his plaything.

"You know, golem," Samuel began,

"I am The Balancer The Sunset, you will address me as such."

"Of course, 'The Sunset', " the Karmist continued, "you know I was once a great ruler in my world. I used my abilities to shape and fabricate a society where I reigned supreme. I ran everything from the shadows. The government, the people, they were all my puppets. If I desired wealth, I created it. If I desired power, I built it. If I desired life, I took it. Now suddenly, all of that which I worked to accomplish has become meaningless." Samuel clenched his fist. "Meaningless because some 'being' decided that watching us squabble amongst ourselves would provide good sport. Even should I survive this contest, I can no longer simply reside in that world knowing that one like our abductor exists." Samuel looked back at The Sunset, "You were obviously a being of great power, surely you understand what I mean, on some level." Samuel sighed, it was unlike him to be so honest; however, presently, lying would gain him nothing.

"The orb that I seek is called Alpha. It has a small symbol on it, an infinity sign with half of one circle cut off. I assume you know what I mean. It should rest near the center of this garden. I will head there now. Should you desire your life increased, then you should follow me. Oh and the transfer is far from perfect, your life will not be eternal. You will still be dying; however, your lifespan will increase by eons."

Samuel began to head off deeper into the garden. Briefly he turned back to The Sunset, "Oh and Balancer, I only ask in return that you let me take use of that marvelous body of yours from time to time." With a quick grin, he headed through the brush, out of sight.

The Sunset stood alone in the garden, contemplating.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by btp - 10-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Sruixan - 10-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Schazer - 10-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!] - by btp - 10-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!] - by GBCE - 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM