The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]

The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!]
Originally posted on MSPA by Sruixan.

Maxwell stroked the stubble that he kept wishing was a beard. Those visions... not visions, realities... Vyrm'n had been kind. Amazingly kind. Worryingly kind? No, not quite. It was... curious. Something about him clicked with his new ally, and that made it amiable towards him. The experience... could he do it justice? Was he deserved of it? That letter opener... he shouldn't have screamed, he should have known, but...

That garden... he'd guessed, from the plaster of plant on the walls that this place had once been a garden. He hadn't quite realised it was a garden and not a garden simultaneously. That made it... awkward... best think about that somewhen, but right now, you have something to do Max... one moment, though, mind...

"...why... did he know? Possibly not, but... interest... no, what did he say?"

The colour drained from Maxwell's face. He'd heard what Samuel'd said in the garden. Since his near miss with the wall, he'd held a notion that this place might be alive. If Samuel tried to kill it... what would happen? Actually... that's quite an interesting question...

"Vyrm'n... I have pronounced that right, haven't I? I think so... anyway, I guess you might know that this place, the supposed arena we're cooped up in, is actually alive, right? The songs from everything... or whatever you'd refer to it as... I didn't notice it at the time, right? Too much new all around me. Wasn't concentrating. But I bet the song of the walls, the plants (well, what's left of them) and all that is not what it should be... point is, Samuel Therion knows this place is alive as well. And he wants to kill it. And... and I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing... has it struck you as well, how much is happening at once here? I don't like that too much; I don't enjoy pressure, I really don't."

Concern? Possibly. Before The Faceless could react, Maxwell had one more thing to say.

"That professor... whilst we were in the garden, he spurted off some claptrap about some element that rejects energy or something. I mean, even accounting for differences in the names of things, I know in my universe that in all 128 elements we have so far, from hydrogen to feynmanium, there's nothing of the sort. Indeed, matter is energy, or close enough to, right? So what's really going on there? Perhaps his world is much, much different. If that is the case, then he must be from another universe - no other explanation. If that's true... if that's true... ah, damn it..."

Way too agitated, Maxwell rose up from his recline and did himself justice by falling flat on his face again.

"I need to rest... I need to bally well rest... I'm not cut out for this sort of thing, let me tell you. And another thing..."

The energy required to finish the sentence was way too great. Without giving any time for Vyrm'n to come to a conclusion, Maxwell became unresponsive.

Show Content

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by btp - 10-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Sruixan - 10-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Schazer - 10-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!] - by Sruixan - 10-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!] - by GBCE - 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM