The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]

The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!]
Originally posted on MSPA by SleepingOrange.

Show Content

Armidillo furrowed his brow and stared after slowly retreating figure.

"What on earth am I supposed to make of that?"

His eyebrows raised when he saw the usually-imposing man stumble and fall, barely catching himself on his elbows before his nose plowed into the dirt. The professor walked slowly towards the prone figure, then sped his step as he saw a number of metallic flashes rise from the grass.

-

Samuel was smirking on the inside as he walked away from Reccxer. Whether or not he admitted it to himself, every man liked being a little dramatic sometimes, and Samuel had given them quite the prelude. If he had his say, this would be a tragedy in one act; swift, snappy, and expertly-choreographed. A tour de force. That was about the time the yo-yo tightened around his ankles and he found the ground rushing up to meet him.

-

Multitasking comes naturally to a being whose body is made up of a number of discrete objects. At the same time as some nasty business involving a yo-yo and a number of small blades was happening, an animated pad of paper was having a calm conversation with a hovering man in a greatcoat.

the suit of armor does not concern me at this moment it has done nothing remotely hostile thus far and seems to have come here under its own power

i am much more interested in you

why are you hovering i have come to expect your kind to be very terrestrial

"Well, I, uh..."

i think that you are not here in the same way i am here

i am uncertain

but this place is unusual

a duality

i do not think where we are is real

and since i am here i question my reality

but first and foremost i question yours

i propose an experiment

Maxwell tried to twist as what looked like an ivory-handled letter-opener hovered to the height of his midriff, but found he wasn't really able to do much. The steel flashed in the light as it rocketed towards Maxwell's gut.

look at it this way

it will probably not be lethal one way or another

-

Stretched thin, the schrotgolem's aim was a slightly off. A cleaver, a flensing knife, a switchblade, a railroad spike, and one half of a brick from the labyrinth wall thudded, one after another, into the ground where Samuel would have been had he not rolled quickly. Several dragged through the soil towards the karmist as a handful of rocks and small ceramic figurines hovered around his head, trying to knock him silly. Samuel kicked, snapping the string around his ankles, but it kept knotting itself together and was joined by a length of bramble and a clay-cutter. He swatted a grinning stoneware donkey away, bruising his forearm but sparing himself a broken nose or worse, and swore. As he struggled to free himself and stand up, he heard the pounding of feet coming closer and someone shouting.

"What are you doing?"

Gestalt was tired of being stymied.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by btp - 10-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Sruixan - 10-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Schazer - 10-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!] - by SleepingOrange - 10-05-2009, 05:55 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!] - by GBCE - 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM