The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]

The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!]
Originally posted on MSPA by bobthepen.

Back in the labyrinth, the pale shell of Samuel stared lifelessly at a pensive Galus. The dark empty eyes expressed no emotion, and the body gently swayed back and forth. Is he even there? Galus wondered. Galus took a few steps forward to further examine the hollow figure when a dark sprout rose up from the ground where the seed-like clod of dust landed earlier. Cabaret held the six inch stiletto heel up defensively, though it shook wildly in his hands.

"Um, Galus I'm not sure we should bother him just now..." Cabaret warned, still shaken from Samuel's highly disconcerting outburst.

Galus ignored the magician's plea; he was one for caution, but not a caution derived from fear. Knife at the ready he further approached Samuel. The sprout quivered and the ground about it began to rumble. Cabaret reached up his sleeve for another weapon and pulled out large snakeskin cowboy boot. "More shoes..." He muttered, frowning.

The rumbling grew and Galus took one final step forward. Up from the ground below Samuel sprung a plethora of dark black tendrils. They wrapped around the motionless form covering it in a shell of thick briers. The sprout as well burst forth from the barren ground. Long pointed thorns covered its now massive stem. Several tendrils shot out at Galus who nimbly jumped back, barely avoiding their serrated grip.

Cabaret looked up at the towering creature and then down at the two pieces of footware in his hands. He bit his lip and muttered to himself, "I'm gonna need a bigger boot."

--------------

Samuel stared at the odd man standing before him, taunting him. The aftereffects of his Karmic transfer had far exceeded what he had prepared himself for, and he had, for a moment, lost his composure. Samuel inhaled deeply, the foul stench about him faded, and the rotting effect on the flora around him subsided. Unlike his labyrinth bound counterpart, this Samuel retained all of his original features, save for the small mark embedded onto his forehead. Samuel grinned at the professor who stood there, waiting.

"I'm terribly sorry for snapping at you like that. Don't worry. I have no interest in you. That is, as long as you stay out of my way." Samuel turned and began to head toward the center of the garden.

"What an odd duck," mused Reccxer. As Samuel passed by, Reccxer asked, "What exactly is it that you intend to do here?"

Samuel paused for a moment, and turned, grinning, "I'm headed to the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. I plan to feed this garden the fruit it longs for, and reap the benefits of it."

The professor tilted his head, not quite understanding. "What the devil does that mean?"

"I means, dear sir, that I intend to kill the Labyrinth Field."

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by btp - 10-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Sruixan - 10-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Schazer - 10-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!] - by btp - 10-05-2009, 02:27 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!] - by GBCE - 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM