The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]

The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!]
Originally posted on MSPA by Sruixan.

Lucky? Possibly. In his little notebook, a small hierachy in the corner of one page had a lot to say as to his opinion of The Faceless. He'd only held brief flights of fancy as to forming an alliance with such a strong player and had, even at the most recent surfacing of such an idea a few minutes eaelier, dismissed ; but here there was an opportunity, a little window onto a brighter future.

"I... I'm very much overwhelmed by this, you realise. Your offer, you are right, I know it makes sense. You must obviously think highly of the idea, for you were the one to propose it."

Maxwell steadied himself. The murky chair he sat on was fairly silent, fairly still, waiting. Hoping? No, too far... curious, probably.

"I accept your offer in good faith. I don't think I could turn you down, to be honest. I mean, you must know as well as I do that the more the merrier, and... and..."

Another brief pause. A sigh, a frown.

"Tell me, the Observer - he said a lot of odd things, didn't he? His announcement was littered with trivial matters that just won't leave me. At many points, his choice of language... worried me. Firstly I'd come up with three things, but now I'm overflowing with nuances. There's more to this than meets the eye, but, before I can explain anything... I need to think... I'm nervous, my friend. Do you have this feeling, this naggling feeling, that there's something bigger behind all this? That there's a greater picture here? I dunno 'bout your world, but in mine, a guy called Beltran Brooke once said something about being too preoccupied by the pretty pebbles on the shore to be able to comprehend the undiscovered majesty of the ocean. I think that's happening here."

He almost stood up, but thought better of it. In fact, he sunk a little deeper into the inky cushion.

"Give me time. Time, time, time... and the things you can't remember tell the things you can't forget..."

Presently, Maxwell became eeirily silent.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by btp - 10-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Sruixan - 10-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Schazer - 10-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Round 1: The Labyrinth Field!] - by Sruixan - 10-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!] - by GBCE - 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM