The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]

The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!]
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Signups closed!]
Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

The Observer had finished his gathering. Suddenly, a white void was called into existence. Eight figured from very different worlds; very different universes. They found themselves floating in this void, unable to really move anywhere.
A voice came from all around.

"Attention combatants! You have been entered into a tournament! A fight to the death! I must admit, this isn't the most original idea, but it was too good an opportunity to pass up! Here's how it's going to go! There's going to be a number of rounds! Every round one of you will die, and I'll give you a new change in scenery. Sound good? Any objections? Too bad! You get no choice! If you win, you might be allowed to go back home if you want, but honestly, I just figured this would be amusing! Now to introduce you all to one another!"

The white void turned to darkness. And a ball appeared. A ball made of glass and... it was very clearly a disco ball. Flashing lights appeared and shone through the apparent nothingness and a spotlight went on the first combatant."
"Contestant number one was a hotshot space pilot armed with a knife and a couple of guns. He's been brought here today to see if his skills are still as good as before the accident! What accident? Find out on your own! This is Galus Lee Matthews!"

The spotlight moved over to the Karmist.
"Here we've got Samuel Therion! He has the power to control the flow of Karma, which may not mean much to a lot of you, but I assure you, will become very apparent as the game moves on. He's here because, hey, this power sounded cool!"

Next up was another human male.
"Welcome to the game, Maxwell Deakin! Honestly, everybody else here? Kinda nuts. You're the straight man of the group in a room full of crazies. Good luck with that!"

The spotlight shone around looking for the professor, and eventually settled on his location.
"Armidillo Reccxer, you've got that fancy cane there, dont ya? We brought him in simply for that reason! It's got a lot of power which I'm sure you'll all see fairly quickly."

Now the focus was on an actual non-human. In fact it was focused on a pile of boxes.
"You might be surprised to learn that this is our next player. It's called Gestalt, and it's known as a Schrotgolem. I'm sure there will be plenty of surprises from it."

The man in the mask was in the spotlight now.
"Cabaret, welcome! Cabaret can't use weapons for crap! He can use pretty much anything else as a weapon! I don't know why, but that's why he's here today!"

Now a starry form was the center of attention.
"This is Vyrm'n. It's from a very peculiar race called the Faceless. I'd watch out for it if I were you. It's kind of crazy."

Finally, the spotlight rested on the balancer.
"Last, but certainly not least, we have The Sunset! He's that suit of armor, and not just inside of it, so you might have to get creative here."

It went dark again, and a few seconds later the room became the white void once more.

"Well, now you know the contestants."
The Observer's voice took a darker tone.
"Don't disappoint us."

His voice stopped, and they found themselves in a field.

The contestants were around varying locations in the field, some by a wall, and some not. Sense of place seemed irrelevant somehow. While it was a wide open space, it still seemed almost like a maze. A labyrinth field.

Show Content

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by btp - 10-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Sruixan - 10-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by Schazer - 10-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Sign-ups!] - by GBCE - 10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Signups closed!] - by Robust Laser - 10-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Re: The Grand Battle II! [Happy End!] - by GBCE - 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM