The Wretched Rite - Round Three - DSRS Darwin

The Wretched Rite - Round Three - DSRS Darwin
Re: The Wretched Rite - Round One - The Rose Ring
Originally posted on MSPA by MrGuy.

"Fuck." Poran easily derived, though he still wasn't quite sure whether from context or the mysterious translation, the word's profane intent. He pondered if it was commonly used whin poetry. True, curses are rarely found in your typical ode, but that would merely make using them more groundbreaking... perhaps, when Taelia finishes her dialogue with the revenant, I shall obtain their opinions. Lacking the shoulders necessary to shrug, he instead shook his head before turning to Alice. She appeared quite similar to that contestant, albeit much shabbier-looking, and it was fairly clear she hadn't been there for the explanation of events, so she'd have to be brought up to speed. Taelia and Adelaide were busy intently discussing something or other, so he took it upon himself to greet the newcomer.

Poran quickly fluttered over towards the Tsote. "Greetings, madame!" He smiled at her with beady yellow eyes; her bronze pair stared back, uncomprehending. The Leskrin fidgeted a bit, frowned, and then smiled again. "Oh, my apologies. That is, nice fucking day to you! You appear to have wandered into a, hm..." He wracked his brain for other mutterings of Adelaide he'd barely overheard. "Ah, yes. Our battle to the fuckin' death, or some shit!"

Alice continued staring blankly at the foul-mouthed, yet otherwise polite, creature as he went on about bald guys and trees and harps endlessly. She eventually managed to send a signal by coughing repeatedly, as he blinked in realization. "Ah, terribly sorry! My name is Nempelio Poran kala-Sun, sixth--"

The Tsote sighed and glanced around. Surely there had to be someone more interesting who could explain it to her, because it was certainly difficult to pay attention to the ceaseless stream of blabber this creature was spouting.

Poran's ears twitched a bit. "Well, we're in an abandoned fuckin'--"

"You don't have to curse. I can damn well understand you without it."

The Leskrin blinked, then smiled. "Ah, terribly sorry. Anyway, an abandoned village, I suppose, and the lady in yonder puddle seems to share your proclivities in terms of word choice, which is why I was speaking in such a tone, you see, to..."

Dear god does this furry bastard ever stop talking. Alice rolled her eyes and wandered off. "Hey, thanks, but, I'll just figure it out myself. Seeya."

Poran stared at her, dejected, as she headed over to the puddle. Oh my, I didn't even get a chance to tell her about that one woman that looked so similar to her! Oh, well, no matter; surely she'll find out eventually.

Realizing they still didn't know all that much about the locale, Poran decided to fly higher in order to get his bearings. It did, indeed, seem to be an abandoned village; certainly, he couldn't see anyone wandering about. He did, however, catch the scent of smoke. He turned to see the inferno that used to be the police office, which soon threatened to spread to the neighboring buildings.

He quickly began improvising a frantic, discordant tune, seized by the desire to capture this moment. After a few seconds of this, struck by the realization that this might be a little important, he swooped back down to the other contestants to make sure they were still alright.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by btp - 07-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by btp - 07-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-05-2011, 01:57 AM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-05-2011, 04:02 AM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by btp - 07-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by btp - 07-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Pre-Round - by btp - 07-09-2011, 04:37 AM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Pre-Round - by btp - 07-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-18-2011, 04:02 AM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Round One - The Rose Ring - by MaxieSatan - 08-16-2011, 04:44 PM