The Wretched Rite - Round Three - DSRS Darwin

The Wretched Rite - Round Three - DSRS Darwin
Re: The Wretched Rite - Round One - The Rose Ring
Originally posted on MSPA by A Killer Cuppa Tea.

Taelia felt rather more confident and at ease now that she had someone with her that she felt she could trust. Of course, in a game such as this one, “trust” was a fickle thing, but when she considered that Poran could easily have stabbed her in the back whilst she had sat underneath the tree, she realised that it would be a little silly not to accept his gesture of friendship.

And besides, his music was nice.

Now that she had someone to talk to, the silence did not seem to be so constricting. This curious little creature was unlike anything she had ever seen before, and she found his rather noble demeanour, and the bizarre conversation they were having amusing.

“Where did you learn to play your music so well?” she asked.

<font color="#00C957">“Oh, well!” Poran said, clearly pleased by this compliment. “I always knew I wanted to become a bard. I went into training at a very young age, and was trained by some of the very best! But ah! A life for me was a lie of travelling and entertainment: I do what I do for the love of the art, rather than for the love of worldly riches.”

He was clearly ready to continue with this exposition when suddenly there was an explosion from the town. From their vantage point on the hills, they had a very clear view of the building on fire.

“Wow!” Taelia exclaimed.

“Well...I suppose it wouldn’t be called a battle without some fighting.” Poran said darkly.

“Do you...do you think that was part of a fight?” Taelia asked nervously.

“If it was, and if that was someone using some sort of power, I guess it doesn’t bode well for either of us,” Poran said in his trademark cheerful point-blank style.

“Maybe it was just an accident,” Taelia said hopefully. “Maybe we should head down there and see. Maybe someone’s hurt.” She left it open as to whether this would be a good thing or a bad thing.

Neither of them made the first move to go at first, but finally, Poran plucked a note from his harp and, with a deep breath, began to make his way down the hill, Taelia beside him. He began to play a rousing tune with his harp designed to lift the spirits and increase determination, but other than that, they walked in silence for a while; the reality of the battle they were in hitting hard once more.

Finally, Taelia began to ask question that she had been burning to ask. “Poran? What...what is the last thing you remember before c- What on earth is that?” She exclaimed. They had walked into the village proper and turned a corner to see M. lumbering towards them. Suddenly, from a puddle directly in front of them, Adelaide, too, popped out.

The two groups stared at each other for a second, before Taelia stood in front of Poran and raised her sword.

“Who are you, and what is your intent?” She cried, inwardly pleased that her voice sounded a lot more confident then she felt inside.
</font>

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by btp - 07-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by btp - 07-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-05-2011, 01:57 AM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-05-2011, 04:02 AM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by btp - 07-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by btp - 07-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Pre-Round - by btp - 07-09-2011, 04:37 AM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Pre-Round - by btp - 07-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-18-2011, 04:02 AM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Round One - The Rose Ring - by GBCE - 08-01-2011, 03:43 PM