The Wretched Rite - Round Three - DSRS Darwin

The Wretched Rite - Round Three - DSRS Darwin
Re: The Wretched Rite - Round One - The Rose Ring
Originally posted on MSPA by MrGuy.

Poran smiled to himself as he looked down at Taelia. She seemed, certainly, harmless enough-- at least as giants go-- and as far as he could tell, her intentions were just as sincere as his. He hopped off the branch and glided down, grabbing his harp before alighting on her knee.

"Greetings, madam!" He did his best to stand up tall, and gently plucked out a few simple chords. Ah, it seems to still be working fine. That's a relief, certainly. "It's quite a pleasure to meet you. I'd shake your hand, but I suspect it would be rather awkward."

Taelia nodded hesitantly, and smiled back. "I must apologize, small one. I at first thought that you might attempt to kill me while I was in an inopportune position."

The Leskrin found it impossible to suppress a chuckle. "I doubt I could manage that without a great deal of luck. The most I've accomplished is killing a Tropari."

She stared back, uncomprehending. "Well, er, they're sort of these really big black birds, about... one-fifth of your size, give or take."

"...So, a crow?"

"Ah, that depends. Can a flock of crows destroy a mountain in a month merely by pecking at it?"
--------------------------------------------
"And on the beach, there are bright red creatures with thick shells and ten legs. The round ones are called crabs, and the segmented ones are called lobsters."

Poran continued scribbling notes, rapidly filling his last piece of paper. "I'm almost positive I've heard tell of the latter, though there's no name for them as of yet. They remain mythical at best." He gently folded the sheet and put it away, then took a deep breath.

"It's been quite informative conversing with you." Inwardly, he added Although considerably odd. Perfectly capable of carrying on a conversation, yet individual concepts cannot be expressed. Perhaps it's mental, and I'm merely overthinking it, causing it to occur; or perhaps it's an inherent limitation of the process, that minor differences between these creatures prevent the same word from being valid? "Anyway, I doubt my ability to survive on my own, so... would you consider an alliance, for the time being at least? I can assure you that I will be helpful." He quickly played a short tune on his harp, sending a flash of purple light spiraling into the air for an instant before it dissipated. "And, should we both last until the end, I doubt you shall have much trouble dispatching me."

Taelia smiled awkwardly at the joke, because it was true. If he ever became trouble-- which, if possible, seemed even more unlikely than before-- it would probably be child's play to dispose of him. And, certainly, an alliance couldn't hurt matters for either one of them. "Alliance accepted, Sir Nempelio Poran kala-Sun. Let it be a fruitful one."
Show Content

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by btp - 07-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by btp - 07-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-05-2011, 01:57 AM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-05-2011, 04:02 AM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by btp - 07-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by btp - 07-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Pre-Round - by btp - 07-09-2011, 04:37 AM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Pre-Round - by btp - 07-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-18-2011, 04:02 AM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Round One - The Rose Ring - by MaxieSatan - 07-29-2011, 02:50 PM