The Wretched Rite - Round Three - DSRS Darwin

The Wretched Rite - Round Three - DSRS Darwin
Re: The Wretched Rite - Round One - The Rose Ring
Originally posted on MSPA by A Killer Cuppa Tea.

Sitting underneath the tree with her sword on her lap brought back memories of Taelia’s childhood. Not much more than a child even now, the peaceful days of her past were not long gone, and cherished deep within her heart.

Before long, her thoughts began to wander. The soft sun, the gentle breeze and the ambience – now that the eerie silence was gone – made her feel rather comfortable, and presently, her eyes began to droop as she began to fall asleep.

Suddenly she jerked upright in sudden fright as something hit her head. She realised instantly that the music had stopped, but she couldn’t remember it stopping. It irked her that she couldn’t remember it stopping. She picked up her sword from where it lay on her lap and in her haste nearly forgot to remove it from its scabbard.

She looked around her, but could still see no one. She stood and circled the tree, looking around and out from the hill. She reached the spot where she had been sat before and realised quizzically that she had not seen anyone.

It was probably an apple or something. She realised. Instant relief washed over her and a small nervous giggle escaped her lips. It sounded harsh and loud in the silence that had once again filled the air, and as she sat back down, she wished that the wonderful music from before would appear.

As she was thinking, she was absent-mindedly running her hands along the grass when her hands felt something hard. Realising it was probably the stone that hit her, she raised it to her eyes and with a pang of something almost like fear she saw that it was a tiny little harp.

Panicked thoughts of malicious spirits luring you to their den with wonderful music only to eat you right up began to cross her mind, and the folk tales that are universally told to children began to fill her mind with thoughts of bogeymen hidden in shadows.

But then, the part of her that had been trained to be a warrior finally took over. I still have my sword, she thought, and I still have my wits. If any monster should come I will at least give them a good fight! She took a deep calming breath, and logic began to take over. Besides...if it had been a monster, it would surely have eaten me whilst I fell asleep (stupidstupistupid) rather then throw a little musical instrument at my head!

As these thoughts raced around her mind, a little piece of paper floated gently past her nose. She watched it absently before doing a double take and putting out her hand to catch it. The writing on it was tiny, but Taelia had very good eyesight and putting it almost to her nose she was able to read what it said.

The tight knot in her stomach began to slowly unwind as she read through the letter, and the relief that flowed through her as she read it was so great that she had to suppress another giggle.

He was probably as scared as I was! Taelia thought to herself, not realising that she had finally admitted to having been scared once the fear had worn off. He sounds like a nice enough person...and besides, he had his chance whilst I was asleep.

She stood and looked up in the branches to look for him, but she couldn’t see him. With a mental shrug, she cleared her throat, and – raising her voice slightly – introduced herself with the formal manner that she had been taught to treat strangers with.

“Greetings! I am Taelia Omanguard, of the line of the Great Eluria Omanguard, defender of humanity and, keeper-of-the-orb-in-training and heir apparent to the duties of the Omanguard family. I mean you no harm, Sir Nempelio Poran kala-Sun, sixth child of the Sun clan, and enjoyed your music immensely. It’s like nothing I’ve ever heard before! I have your instrument here, small as it is. Please, reveal yourself so that we may engage in conversation.” She finished with satisfaction, feeling sure that she had missed nothing out. “Oh, and thank you and good luck to you too!” She added quickly, remembering her manners. Despite herself, she felt her fear leaving her behind now that she had a companion, or at least something to direct her attention to.

I hope I didn’t mispronounce his name...

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by btp - 07-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by btp - 07-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-05-2011, 01:57 AM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-05-2011, 04:02 AM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by btp - 07-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by btp - 07-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Pre-Round - by btp - 07-09-2011, 04:37 AM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Pre-Round - by btp - 07-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Round One - The Rose Ring - by GBCE - 07-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Re: The Wretched Rite - Sign up today! - by GBCE - 07-18-2011, 04:02 AM