The thread for flipping shits (and tables)

The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
Ages ago I had a stroke and they found my blood is prone to clotting so I have to take warfarin every day to treat this. I will be on warfarin for the rest of my life. It is already enough of a pain I have to go to the anticoagulant clinic every couple of months for stuff that is sort of annoying, but is vital so I don't really begrudge it too much. The thing that annoys me is that today when I needed to get a new supply of warfarin (running low, haven't had an opportunity until now because of christmas and new year and all that shit) I'm told my perscription i put in days ago hasn't been done because I need to see the doctor again for a review.

This is the single most irritating thing. The doctor will take one look at me and go 'yes you need warfarin' and renew it. It is not like I am ever going to get better. This is a thing I will need all of my life, so why do I have to go through the pointless rigmarole of going to see the doctor when I can predict more or less word for word what that process will entail. It is so pointless, so completely moronic.

The upshot was because I don't have enough to last out till they can make me an appointment they said if I call back at half past five, they might be able to get me the pills I need to prevent from having further strokes. And it was quite clear from the tone of voice there that they thought by doing this they were going above and beyond, doing me a special favour.

After that there was just a slew of little things that wouldn't even matter if I wasn't already in a bad mood. Now I want to go back to bed and pretend today never happened.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables) - by Ixcaliber - 01-06-2012, 03:34 PM