The Spectacular Exhibition (S3G2) [Round 2: Space - Abridged]

The Spectacular Exhibition (S3G2) [Round 2: Space - Abridged]
Re: The Spectacular Exhibition (S3G2) [Round 1: Parallels/Perpendicularities]
Originally posted on MSPA by Pick Yer Poison.

Red was, by now, quite furious. How dare that blasted animal attack me when I was simply trying to ally myself with it! He thought a lot of similar angry thoughts as he clanked off in the direction the aardvark had traveled, until they were suddenly and rudely interrupted by a loud burst of static from an outside frequency. What the-- He quickly tuned out all other channels until he had mostly intercepted the end of what was apparently a rather corny speech.

"--within this message information which shall allow you to better communicate across the multiverse! We shall come together and strike back at all that oppose us! Together, the empire we form shall extend across never-before-matched boundaries, encompassing dominions never before dreamed of! My friends, my allies from all imaginable walks of life, this is it! THIS SHALL BE OUR HOUR!"

Red snorted to himself. That was rather ridiculous. Then he turned his thoughts to the information packaged within the message, which he found far more interesting than the message itself. Triple encoding to protect information, bipodal sine waves to preserve quality...whoever did this is no beginner. Could be improved...but no, now is not the time. He quickly began to build his own reply. "Dear sir or madam, have received your message. Bipodal sinusoidal waves combined with triple-bypass encoding like nothing I've seen before...quite interesting. Easy to decode, but doubt that was your goal. Information within was interesting, will respond more after further analysis. Am also in a battle to the death with seven others. Grandmaster goes by the Counsellor. Thinks this is some sort of group therapy session. But I'm not crazy. THEY'RE crazy. Not paranoid, they're just trying to make me say I am. They're too close. Red out." He sent the message back in the direction it had come from.

Red had worked himself into a fever. Spinning the robot torso around, he assured himself that no one had snuck up on him while he had paused. Gotta keep moving. Can't lose them. He continued clanking on after the aardvark.

[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Spectacular Exhibition (S3G2) [Round 1: Parallels/Perpendicularities] - by Pick Yer Poison - 02-06-2011, 05:50 AM