The Spectacular Exhibition (S3G2) [Round 2: Space - Abridged]

The Spectacular Exhibition (S3G2) [Round 2: Space - Abridged]
Re: The Spectacular Exhibition (S3G2) [Round 1: Parallels/Perpendicularities]
Originally posted on MSPA by Pick Yer Poison.

Red found himself dropped off in an icy tundra. Could the Counselor want my mech? Can't let her know I suspect. Have to play along with this charade until I see an opening. A panel in the right arm retracted, and a wicked-looking blade extended out of it, reaching four feet beyond the end of the arm. Red looked at it, smirking inwardly. Can take care of myself until then.

He paused for a moment to collect his bearings. Don't like the look of this ice. Too slippery for fast movement. The torso swiveled around slowly, panning over the horizon. Barren. Bitter. Lifeless, but there should be anywhere from three to six others here. A nearby bump in the landscape caught Red's attention. It was too high to be called a hill or a dune, and too low to be called a mountain. Possible vantage point.

The mech scuttled off, chipping bits of ice off the layer of permafrost as it made its way towards the bump. It paused at the peak, and Red took a good look at the surroundings. Must be careful. Competitors could be anywhere. As if to prove this point, he noticed a figure off in the distance. It was too far to make out more than a vague shape, even with the mech's highly enhanced vision. Perhaps an alliance could be made.

With a thought, Red had the mech begin clanking towards the figure at a steady clip, straining his vision to see which of the contestants it was.

[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Spectacular Exhibition (S3G2) [Round 1: Parallels/Perpendicularities] - by Pick Yer Poison - 01-27-2011, 04:23 PM